1

The strong smell of coffee infiltrated my nose as I opened the door

The strong smell of coffee infiltrated my nose as I opened the door. I walked over to the opposing wall to turn on all the lights in the shop. My eyes squinted trying to adjust to the lights even tho they were dimmed.

I woke up a little early today since I had to be at the cafe to train Izzy, a new employee.

I had drove here since it was a little chilly this morning. I was probably gonna make myself a coffee or hot chocolate to warm me up, I do own a cafe after all.

It was 6am yet the sun hadn't risen. I should just hire another employee to open the cafe up, it's tiring waking up this early everyday. I don't know why I do it anyways. Maybe it's so I can finally escape Jackson, my boyfriend.

I loved him but wether the feelings were mutual was something I couldn't answer. He hit me whenever he got mad, but it must be my fault if he gets that angry at me, right?

I mean that has to be it, I know he's a good person so there's no other explanation. Despite the fights we had, he could be sweet and kind to me sometimes, he spoiled me. He bought me this coffee shop and many other things.

WRONG. I have to admit. Though I loved Jackson, I was not a dumbass. I know I wasn't the problem, never was never will be, he has fucking anger issues. Not to mention I had suspicions.

I got out of my car after parking it out back. I opened up my backpack to pull my keys out. It took me a while to find them but I managed. I shivered as a strong wind hit me and I forgot to wear a jacket.

I finally walked inside after standing at the door and just thinking. I started to wonder if Jackson was cheating on me. He would come back home later than usual, clothes messy, and smelling of sex. It was kind of obvious that he was. But thats okay, it's his loss and he's still spoiling me nonetheless.

Honestly I wondered who would even have sex with him willingly? His dick was so small it elicited no pleasure within me. I should stop lying to myself for his benefit. I don't love him. I just wanted to believe I did so the situation didn't seem as bad as it really is.

I got pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. "Hey Ms. Armani", said Izzy who I just hired a few days ago since someone quit. I have no idea where she popped out of but my brain was not fully awake yet so I didn't question her. She was partially the reason why I was here today, I needed to train her thoroughly so she wouldn't mess up on her first days.

She was so cheery for I don't know what reasons. How can a person be so happy all the time, when there's nothing to be happy about.

"Hey Izzy, just give me a second to get everything set up so we can start okay?" I said to her, she nodded then walked to the back room to put her stuff away.

I put my keys away and began to turn on every machine. I prepared myself an expresso so I had some more energy for today. I quickly drank it so I didn't waste much time.

I did burn my tongue a bit, but don't tell anyone that.

I started pushing the chairs into the tables and making sure everything was clean. That the table cloths had no wrinkles, I mopped the floor and organized everything for today. I hated messes, I wasn't a clean freak but I don't like things to be dirty either.

I walked over to the door to turn the sign from closed to open.

I stopped when I felt my phone buzzing and saw I was getting a call from Jackson. That was rare, I wondered what he needed. I answered "Hey babe is everything okay, you usually don't call me this early, or at all." I said while trying to hold in my laugh. I nearly cringed at the word "babe" he makes me call him that. I prefer darling or love or mi amor, babe cringes me out. Baby is an exception.

"Yeah yeah whatever, just wanted to ask when you were getting off work today." I heard him say. Okay now this is really weird, he never acts or talks like this.
"Uhm I get off maybe at like 2pm since I'm closing early today. Why are you asking?"

"2pm okay. Stop asking so many questions it's nothing important. I'll see you later, maybe." He said while mumbling the last part. "Wait wha-" I was cut short by him hanging up.

Maybe he was gonna make a reservation to a restaurant for when I get off work, that lifted my mood a little. I was excited for 2pm to come, I was so hungry.

I hadn't eaten all day, except for the coffee I made earlier.

~a few hours later~

I finished Izzy's training a while ago, I left the cafe open for a bit in case any customers came in. A few people walked in ordering breakfast sandwiches, coffee, pastries etc. I was alone for today since it was only a half day, it was more stressful than I imagined.

I should've stayed at home today, slept in on my comfy bed. Maybe ordered some Chinese, watch some Netflix and just relax. But noooo I always gotta make myself stress.

You would think showing someone how to use a coffee machine was an easy job. I was clearly proven wrong today in Izzy's training. I never had to train any employees before since they already had prior experience.

I told Izzy to leave a while ago before any customers came in so she had the day off, and that I would serve any customers alone and close down the cafe. I should've asked her to stay, I was already fatigued enough.

After the last few customers left I turned the open sign the other way and went to gather my stuff. I went to the back room to grab my backpack and keys.

I walked outside and started locking the doors with my key, the cafe would be closed for the rest of the day. I groaned loudly when my keys fell to the ground. I kneeled down to pick them up, and my back cracked. "Mierda, not even my grandma." I said while chuckling to myself, while holding my back. I'm sure I looked ridiculous right now, a 22 year old with back problems.

After picking my keys up and locking the doors, I began to walk home since I wanted to enjoy the scenery. I put on my headphones and began to listen to Why I love you - Jay z & Kanye west.

I chose to take a shortcut home since I was expecting a surprise from Jackson. The fastest way to get there was through a series of alleys. I'm not someone who gets scared easily especially mid day, but everything was so dark there. It freaked me out and I tried to distract myself by turning my volume up higher.

Last thing I remember was a cloth being put over my face. I couldn't scream, my eyes felt so heavy that I could barely see. The sound of my keys and phone hitting the floor echoed through the alley I was walking through. I saw a tall, muscular figure, with a mask standing over my body before everything went black.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦
End of chapter 1

Okay this was kinda short I'm not gonna lie but I think it's good for a chapter 1
but I don't wanna rush anything and make it short.
Might edit this chapter in the future in case I wanna add or remove anything.

Sorry to anyone who's reading, I keep editing these over and over again because I don't want them to be short and boring😭