Chapter 3

"I am gonna drop you off and stay till your session ends with my jerk of a brother," Jackie said as he drove, with a scowl on his face.

"I am sure that I'll be fine, Jackie. Go to work," Caitlyn, Jackie's all time secretary, now girlfriend and soon to be wife, said with a smile. She smiled a lot more now and it was all thanks to Jackie's brother, Charlie. Charlie was the one who offered to treat her personality, by which he had to expose himself as a doctor to his family. Although there was a point in his life where he absolutely loathed Charlie, he bonded a lot more with him than he had ever imagined. That didn't mean that he was completely fine with Charlie, because he could be the world's greatest asshole when he wanted to be. And that was almost all the time.

He sighed. "Nope. I am not listening to you," he said parking the car in front of his parent's place and removing his seat belt. "Anyway, I wanted to meet my parents. It's been a long time," he made up an excuse. Caitlyn could easily see that it was not the case why he was stopping by, but then, she couldn't seem to stop him from staying.

"Alright, then. I'll make sure that I'll be over with the session as soon as possible. Okay?" She got down the car and started to go inside. As soon as they got in, they were greeted by wafting aroma of freshly made waffles and the family sitting at the dining table.

"Look whose here!" Lisa exclaimed as she got up from her chair and hurried towards Caitlyn for a hug.

"My sexy little secretary!" Charlie jumped off his chair and dashed towards Caitlyn for a hug as well, but before he could hug her, Jackie placed himself between the two and instead, Charlie hugged Jackie. "Ugh, that was gross, man!" Charlie got off Jackie and dusted himself, with a scowl on his face.

"That's what you get for perving on my woman," Jackie smirked.

"Sometimes I wish I never encouraged you to go confess to her. I would still have her for myself," Charlie pouted and Jackie narrowed his eyes.

"She would still be mine," Jackie smirked and swooped up a juice bottle off the table.

"Put it down!" Shrieked Charlie.

"What about a 'no'?" Jackie rolled his eyes at his dramatic twin and twisted open the cap.

"I said put it down! That is mine!"

"Ah, shove off!" He brought the bottle to his lips and Charlie lost it. He pounced on his twin, snatching the bottle and putting it to his lips and gulping it. Apparently, Jackie turned a lot more competitive towards Charlie than he was before and snatched back the bottle and gulped the entire thing quickly.

"You did not just do that!" Charlie screamed as if it were a war cry and pounced on Jackie. They both fell on to the ground and were at each others throats. "That was limited edition juice and it was the last bottle in the store! You should die today!"

"What the hell! Get off me!" Jackie tried pushing away Charlie, but to no avail.

"Boys! Stop!" Lisa and Caitlyn came to get them off, but remained a good two feet away, scared that they'll get into their blows once they were within reach.

Bored with all this, Jesse was picking at her nails, when she suddenly looked away and saw Cora, with tear filled eyes and quivering bottom lip. She was scared by the brawl of the twins and was almost about to cry. Realizing that she should not be put under stress of any kind, Jesse immediately got up and went to her twin siblings.

"Would you guys stop this?" She yelled at the top of her voice but to no avail. They paid no heed to her and continued with their girlish hair pulling. Jesse looked back towards Cora to see how she was doing, but she was not there anymore. She was by Jesse's side now, stepping into the brawl zone. She caught hold of their ears and dragged them up by brute force of her fragile hands. Separating them, she flipped each of them down, hard, without mercy. How she managed that with that tiny frame of hers, was beyond imagination. In that moment, she looked like a warrior princess to Jesse.