Part 45

Y/N's POV:

"We're off", I smiled at my team mates as Alex and I stood up. We said our goodbyes and walked out hand in hand, I glanced back quickly and saw them all looking back at me excitedly with grins and thumbs up.

We walked down the street together to an ice cream shop on the corner. I was so tempted to give her my jacket but knew I couldn't, she complained a little about the cold weather but thankfully didn't ask for my jacket. "Does it have to be ice cream?", she asked with a whine. "I've been craving it for a week, here how's this, we exchange an ice cream date for my first assist v Thailand", I told her with a smile as I reminded her of our previous deal. "Fine, but then we get to do what I want later in exchange for one of my five goals in the same game", she agreed with a smirk.

 We got inside the shop and ordered then sat at a table in the window as we ate our ice cream.

"Why are we eating ice cream when it's fucking freezing right now?", she asked with a smile and I shrugged with a grin. "Let me try some of that toothpaste", she laughed and reached over to steal a spoonful of my mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"My turn", I grinned as I took a big spoonful of her rocky road ice cream. "That's too much", she frowned like a child as she watched me gob the whole thing. 

"Fuck fuck fuck brain freeze", I held my head and then eventually the sharp pain subsided, I didn't even notice her steal more of my ice cream. "Serves you right", she snorted as she leaned back with a smirk, wiping her mouth.

"Where the fuck did my ice cream go?", I whined at her with a huff. "Sorry", she replied with absolutely no regret at all.

"Come on, let's go", she reached for my hand after a few seconds, I cleaned up the table and then we stood up and walked out.

We walked around the city for a while, as I tried to lead us to the least busy parts of the city to avoid being recognised. She wrapped her arms around mine as I walked us over to a lit up fountain in a park. We sat down and talked for a while, she leaned into my chest as I put my  crutches to the side and wrapped my arms around her. "Today was nice", she mumbled with a smile. "Yeah it was", I agreed quietly, then pressed a kiss to her forehead as she breathed out happily.

"What was that?", she sat up slightly when she heard shuffling noises. 

"I don't know, probably just the wind and the trees", I said in a dismissive tone and eventually she settled again with a slight frown. Little did she know our team mates were gathering on the other side of the fountain, following my instructions.

Alex jolted quickly a few minutes later when the fountain lights turned off completely, leaving us in complete darkness. I pulled away from her, which only alarmed her more.

"Y/N? Where are you? This isn't funny", she called out. "What's the noise? Y/N please I'm scared stop it".

"Alex". Suddenly the lights flicked back on and she gasped as she looked around and saw us surrounded by petals with small warm lights adorning all the surrounding trees. She noticed me standing right in front of her, and tears flooded her eyes when she noticed the small velvet box in my hand. 

"Alex...sorry I can't kneel", I smiled as tears ran down our cheeks. "Alex...the day I met you I first thought 'god she's pretty' and then you shoved me once accidentally and a long war started between us. It was three years of petty arguments and pulling faces behind each other's backs. But then one day I saw you another side of you that I hadn't even seen before, you were vulnerable and honest and I fell for you within seconds. You stole my heart when I woke up and found you in my arms for the first time, and I feel my heart beat that little bit faster every time I see you. When you touch me or kiss me I can feel every cell in my body buzzing with excitement, pleasure and a feeling of peace. Alex you are my home, I love you with every atom of my being and will love you more and more with everyday that passes. Alexandra Patricia Morgan, will you marry me?"

"YES YES YES", she shouted excitedly with tear stained cheeks, I slipped the ring onto her finger and she instantly pulled me towards her as she passionately attached her lips to mine. I propped my body up to lean against one of the clutches whilst I held the back of her head with my other arm. "This is so perfect, I love you so much", she grinned as she pulled away to rest her forehead against mine. 

"I love you more than anything, as for the settings I had some help", I gave her a wry smile. "Guys you can come out", I called out and after a few seconds of hesitation our team mates ran out of the shadows and excitedly made their way to us, with squeals and shouts. 

"I can't believe you guys are going to get married", Rose and Crystal gushed. Abby gave me a small smile with a nod which I returned before looking back to face my soul mate. "You're my fiancee", she smiled brightly. "Fiancee", I repeated the word with a grin, the word felt strange rolling off my tongue but in the best of ways. 

"Give me a kiss fiancee", she said as her smile widened and she reattached our lips once more.

"We've got the best pictures of you guys", Kelley smiled as she approached us with her professional camera and wrapped her arms around us warmly. "I love you guys, I'm so happy for you", she admitted quietly with tears in her eyes before giving us both each a smacking kiss on the cheek. "GROUP HUG", she screamed without warning and suddenly Alex and I were in the centre of a bone crushing hug as we all laughed loudly. 

"Thank you for the help guys", I scanned over their faces with a pleased smile, "I think it went perfectly", I smiled down at Alex who was admiring the ring. "Nice?", I asked with a nervous smile. 

"It's the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen, thank you", she beamed as we shared yet another kiss. "I thought it would just be another normal ice cream date like the one we had in Lyon", she smiled as she pulled away.

"I did think about doing it in France because it's all romantic and shit but we left almost immediately after the final so home was the next best place".

"It's so perfect, you're perfect", she replied as she looked around and then turned back to stare into my eyes. Wordlessly we got closer and kissed again. "I can't get enough of you, fiancee", she whispered after pulling away and burying her face into my neck. I tightened my arms around her waist and then eventually we all began to leave. 

Our team mates returned to our hotel but Alex and I walked around a little more. I was finally able to give her my jacket and she turned to me with grateful eyes when I placed it on her shoulders. 

"I love you...fiancee",  I smiled down at her, my stomach filling with butterflies as she looked up and returned my words before wrapping her arm around my lower back. I wrapped mine around her shoulders and pulled her close to me.

"It's getting cold, we should get back soon", she looked up at me and wiggled her eyebrows a little, making me chuckle. "What? I just want to give my fiancee a good time", she defended herself with a grin. "Whatever I want today remember", she reminded me with a smirk, as I faked a dramatic groan. "Shut up, you know you love me", she nudged me in the side as we started walking  back to our hotel where I was sure Kelley and a few others would've managed to get into our room to add their own decorations should we say to celebrate our engagement night.