Part 9

Y/N's POV:

I was the first of the three in the bed to wake up, my arm still wrapped around Abby's waist as I found my face buried in her ashy blonde hair. It was quite the struggle as there wasn't much space but I managed to sit up between both sleeping girls and just scrolled through twitter for a while. Not long after I noticed Abby began to stir as her eyes slowly fluttered open. She sat up wordlessly and leaned her head on my shoulder, blinking steadily to wake herself up properly. I felt her arm snake around mine as not long after Kelley began to wake up too. She sat up with her crazy bed hair and blinked at both of us a couple of times as if she had never seen us before, making me snort a little.

"Fucking hell, I can't believe I'm third wheeling", she muttered with a groan as she fell back onto the bed and buried her face in the blanket. Abby lifted her head up a little to look at me with a shy smile, I grinned back at her as I put my phone down and turned to her. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders so she was leaning into me and then we made small talk for a couple minutes until Kelley was ready to wake up again. 

It was only 10 o'clock, I told them both I'd meet them downstairs for breakfast in ten minutes or so once I'd brushed my teeth, meaning I'd have to go back to my shared hotel room with Alex. I groaned as I left the warmth of the blanket and slowly made my way out of the room. I walked down the hall and knocked on the door labelled with Room 335, praying that there wasn't anyone in there with her.

It took a few seconds for the blue eyed striker to open the door, I stepped in and headed straight to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed and moisturised my face and then stopped in the mirror for a second as I tried to make my hair look presentable. I let out a long sigh before I exited the bathroom where I was met with a solemn looking Alex, sitting cross legged on the bed as she waited for me.

I brushed past without a second glance and sat down with my suitcase between my legs as I dug around for an outfit to wear following my shower after breakfast. "What happened to us?", Alex voiced sadly.

I turned around to look at her. "What do you mean us?", I asked her with no emotion.

"...you didn't want to come back to our room last night". 

"I thought I'd give you the space to yourself...so you could invite Servando if you wanted", I added bitterly as I turned away. She was quiet for a few seconds, undeniably taken aback as she thought of what to say in response.

"You don't get it Y/N. Don't fucking judge me", she muttered angrily.

I stood up to face her. "I just want to know why Alex".

"Why what?"

"Why you'd get back together with a dickhead like him? He fucking hurt you."

"STOP IT Y/N LIKE I SAID YOU DONT GET IT", her voice raised to a shout as she was getting agitated.

"DON'T GET WHAT?", I screamed back, getting annoyed.

"I LOVE HIM OKAY..JUST PISS OFF", she screamed at me, making my blood boil.

"THAT ISN'T LOVE ALEX AND WE BOTH FUCKING KNOW IT. IT ISNT LOVE WHEN YOU'VE CRIED NEARLY EVERY NIGHT FOR THE PAST FUCKING WEEK. HE FUCKING CHEATED ON YOU BUT HE COMES BACK FOR ONE GAME AND THATS IT? YOU JUMP BACK ON HIM JUST LIKE THAT?", I let out, my voice laced with venom. I turned back to her one more time. "You know what, if that's what you think you deserve then you go for it, just don't come crying in my arms when he fucks up again. And there is no us", I told her quietly before grabbing a key card off the bedside table and leaving. 

I walked over into the lift, squeezing my eyes shut to prevent any tears from leaving as I rubbed my temples. I made my way down and met up with Kelley and Abby for breakfast, trying not to show any hints of having been in a screaming match with Alex Morgan. Luckily I don't think either of them could tell. I spotted both Christen and Tobin eyeing me from their table when they came down and I knew immediately that they must have heard some stuff because they were in one of the rooms next to us. They mouthed 'are you okay' and I gave them a quick thumbs up, which was enough for them to look away thankfully.

Our rather large group of myself, Kelley, Abby, Crystal, Megan, Emily, Trinity, Christen, Tobin, Lynn and Sophia all finished breakfast about twenty minutes later as everyone gathered around our table to talk about plans for the day. There wasn't enough chairs for everyone so a couple of people sat on each others laps. I pulled Abby into my lap, freeing up a seat for Trinity and Sophia to share. Like she had done before she wrapped an arm around my neck and played with the baby hairs at the base of my neck, making me smile at her. 

Everyone agreed to some basic sightseeing around the city, lunch and then maybe going out clubbing in the evening if Jill would allow it, meaning everyone had to behave during the day to suck up to her to get her permission. Everyone slowly began to get up to go upstairs and shower and change before leaving. Just as Abby got off my lap and I stood up I noticed Alex enter the dining room, her eyes slightly puffy as she avoided any eye contact in my direction. She sat down with a couple of my team mates that didn't go out, with her back facing towards me. I left the room with a slight huff as I went upstairs to shower my worries away.