Chapter 2 (Edited)

Zaria:

After waking up in the morning first I did my Fazr prayer then headed towards the terrace. Our terrace is big, spacious and everywhere are flowers. Mom loves them and me too so basically we have decorated the whole terrace with flowers everywhere. Then there is the swing which is in the middle. By sitting in the swing we can look at the sky. Isn't it amazing? It's my favourite thing to do whenever I'm free. Come to the terrace and keep looking at the sky while sitting on the swing. A cup of tea makes the environment more enjoyable for me.

I sat on the swing and started reading my book. The nature, cool breeze everything is so perfect now. So peaceful! After an hour I stood up to go downstairs. “How can you read books all day? Don't you get tired?” Zehra appi said when I sat in the chair to have breakfast. This girl won't stop nagging me. “Don't you get tired of nagging me even when I always ignore you?” Zehra appi just huffed in annoyance not saying anything else. I know I'm good at words so no one can win against me. “Assalamu Alaikum baba” Me and Zehra appi said in unision as baba came for breakfast. “Walaikum Assalam.” As usual baba started reading his newspaper while having his breakfast, ammi went to the kitchen to do her work, Zehra appi and I left for our university after finishing our breakfast.

Zehra appi is in her last year and she will graduate after few months. Meanwhile I'm still stuck in this pathetic university suffering. I don't hate studying but I hate the professors here. They are annoying not all though. Some are good. There is this one professor, Safia Ibrahim who is my most favourite professor in this whole university. A kind hearted teacher who care for her students genuinely.

“Ouch.” I hissed when I felt pain in the back of my head. Aafia had hit me. I glared at her who is smiling sheepishly at me. “Where are you lost?” I hit her on her arm and ran so that she can't catch me. This is how our day starts, both hitting each other then running away not to get hit again.

“Zaria!” I stopped as someone yelled my name. So I turned around to see who is it. “Hey Faris.” I smiled at him. My another friend. “Don't run like that. You might end up getting hurt.” Faris is always caring sometimes too much and that's why Aafia would tell me that he likes me. She is wrong. He doesn’t like me. It's just that he is a caring person. “Let's have lunch together? I'm free today.” I agreed. Most of the time he stays with his other friends but sometimes he have lunch with me and Aafia too. “I'm telling you he likes you.” Again she started. Ya Allah this girl is thinking wrong. “What will you do if he propose you?” I frowned hearing her. “Shut up! Otherwise I will hit you again.” She put her arms around my shoulder, “Okay chill. I won't say anything else.”

Boring lectures, I wish I could skip them but sadly I can't. Though I'm excited for the next class because it's professor Safia's class. “Good morning!” She greeted everyone cheerfully. This is why I love her. She is so cheerful, kind, energetic. Even if we students make any mistakes she never scold us. She will explain what we did wrong in a loving way. Her class ended soon. I don't understand why her class ends so soon? Maybe I like her that's why I don't realize how the times passes by so quickly.

We were eating and talking. Faris didn’t came and I wonder why. As I was thinking about him, he just came sitting in front of me and Aafia. “Professor Imtias had given me some work that's why I'm late.” I hate this professor so much! He is always pissed off. Allah knows what happens at his house that he vents out all his anger on us.

“Haha look at your face Zaria.” Aafia and Faris laughed. I'm sure I made an really annoying face that's why they are laughing like maniac. Both knows how much I hate professor Imtias. “He is a professor for a reason. Why does he make his students do all the work? I wish he disappear from this university.” My friends were still laughing at me while I was annoyed.

I'm waiting for the last class to end and when it did I rushed back to my home. My home is my everything. I can't find peace anywhere other than my home. As soon as I entered I saw my brother-in-law, Zayan bhaiya (Bhaiya means brother) “Assalamu Alaikum bhaiya!” I said happily. My another favourite person. He is like my older brother who loves me so much besides my parents and friends. Zayan bhaiya is baba's friend's son and Zehra appi is engaged to him. “Walaikum Assalam Zaria.” I greeted his parents too who greeted me back with a smile. After that I went to our room to freshen up. I finished my prayer then once again went downstairs in the living room.

“Your appi's wedding is fixed. They will get married next week.” I chocked on my tea. What? When did they decided this? I knew nothing! “Sorry sorry we decided everything when you were in university.” Zayan bhaiya told me, noticing my shocked face. I'm happy for both bhai and appi. I will enjoy a lot. “Congratulations.” I said teasingly making the couple blush. Hehe I will enjoy teasing my sister also. At first Zehra appi was against this wedding but gradually she started liking bhaiya. As for bhaiya he always liked appi which he admitted when his parents came with the mariage proposal for appi.

After dinner Zayan bhaiya and his family left. Zehra appi went to the room who was tired so today I washed all the dishes alone. I sat on the couch in the living room scrolling through my phone. Thankfully I didn’t got any message from that stalker today. I was reading the messages of our group chat when I got a shocking news that professor Imtias resigned that too on his own. What happened to him so suddenly? No one knows the reason why he resigned. Strange! Whatever it's none of my business.

I was about to turn off my phone, just then I got a message from an unknown number. It's obviously that stalker. “You wanted that professor to disappear from your university so I did it for you. Now you won't see him anymore.” My grip on my phone tightened. What just happened? How did he know what I said about professor Imtias? Only my friend knew what I said. I take back my words that he is a coward. He is actually dangerous and now I'm terrified of him. I should do something but what? The police won't help me. Should I tell Zayan bhaiya? He might help me. It's final, I won't think about anything else. Tomorrow morning I will tell Zayan bhaiya everything.