6

Shresth's POV ( 3 months later)

I have finally given the post of CEO of my ancestors company.. I am pretty busy or trying to be in bust in the work and stress load.. The 3 months were the worst months of my life.. These were more hectic than those 9 years..

I am standing on my hotel balcony in Goa.. From tomorrow Vishaka's wedding festivities are going to start.. I didn't wanted to come, but she insisted me to come and solve the problem between me and Sirisha..

I don't know what I am going to do.. I don't feel myself nowadays.. The last conversation we had was 3 months ago.. The time when she cleared all my doubts and told me about her real feelings.. How wrong I was or how hard she was trying to make me believe that I was wrong..

The Next Day, I got up and got dressed for the ring ceremony.. I walked down the stairs and smiled at Vishaka who pulled me for a dance.. I smiled and little and it faded immediately after seeing her..

Kashish.. She is here.. She is smiling while dancing with Sirisha.. Ohkay, now I feel like I will faint any minute.. How the hell are things going on between them..

After the little dance the ceremony started.. I walked towards Kashish and tapped on her shoulder.. She turned around and smiled widely..

She extended her arms and shook my hands with her.. She looks happy and stated.. Good for her..

"Hey.. Long time no see Dr. Shresth.. Btw congrats.." She said while smiling.. I chuckled and nodded.. "Thanks ig.. Indeed an long time.. So how are you Ms. Kashish..?" I asked..

"It's Professor Kashish.. You know it takes years to put it before your name.." She said and patted my shoulders.. Some habits never go and this is one of the habits of Kashish.. Hitting while talking..

"Cool.. By the way.. Congrats.. You got engaged and so.." I said while pointing at her ring finger.. She looked at ring and smiled widely..

"Thanks.. Indeed the best decision of my life.. But I am married not engaged.." She answered.. I nodded my head but immediately stopped when I heard a kid shouting while running towards me.. Wait ME..!!!

"Mumma...!!!" The kid shouted while running. Kashish turned to the side and sat on her knees with open arms.. The kid jumped in her arms while smiling widely.. She picked her in her arms and the kid came out of her mother's crook.. 

A man came running behind her.. He placed his one hand on the child's back and other on Kashish's waist.. He looked at me and then extended his arms for the handshake.. I gladly accepted it..

"Hi.. Dr. Armaan.. Dr. Shresth right..?" He asked.. I nodded and pulled out of the handshake.. I looked at the kid in her arms who looked so confused..

"Mumma.. Who he..?" She asked.. " He is my school friend.. Shresth.. Shresth meet my favorite person.. Ishika..She is turning 2 this year" She said and passed a smile..

I smiled at Ishika and she smiled back and me.. She is copy of her mother.. I am glad she got such a great family.. I still remember everytime we used to talk about Kashish or her future, Sirisha always prayed for her..

I talked to her husband for a few minutes and then they went to greet some other guests out there.. I am standing near the stage while sipping my drink from time to time.. My nails are digging in my palm while looking about Sirisha who is giggling within her friends.. She saw me glaring at her and her smile dropped.. She went outside without caring about anything..

3 months ago

I am waiting inside the cafe.. I booked it for an hour as I wanted some privacy.. She came inside a few minutes.. 

She kept her bag on the table and sat down.. I smiled a little and thanked her for coming before I started speaking..

"About what happened that day, I wanted to clarify thing between us.." She cut me off in the middle.. 

"There is nothing called us between me and you.. I know I didn't hear you out first but Shresth, let me clear it out first.. I don't know about my or your feelings about each other.. But the things which I have noticed are more than enough for me.."

"I don't know about you, but I am not a fool to not notice your so called signals.. I know you liked me since the day I walked in the school.. I always ignored your hints and efforts as I felt it was just an attraction.. I even ignored when Karan started behaving like a creep with me.."

"But even after 9 years you are still the 16 year old Shresth who fell in love with 15 year old Sirisha.. For god sake come out of that childish period now Shresth.. You have a fiancé.. Just go back to Jaipur and complete the dreams your parents had made for you.."

She concluded.. I felt like my world has stopped.. I all wanted to ask her why, which I did asked.. But she shook her head trying to control her tears..

"Bache the hum uss time pe.. Cheezen alag thi.. Shresth first of all my parents will never allow me to marry a non bengali guy.. And second of all, your mom has already selected someone for you.. You are getting married.." She said and started getting up when I held her wrist to stop her..

"Please.. It took me years to nurture my courage to say this to you.. I Love You Sirisha Roy.. I just want you beside me.. No one else.. I am ready to fight the whole world if I have you beside me.. Bache honge uss time pe, but abb vo attraction nahi hai.. Meri feelings sachi hai tumhare liye.. Please give me chance.." 

"Shresth.. Let's end this here.. Let's just believe that we went on a date.. Actually we never met again.. I have aquired this much in my life on my own and I am not capable of fighting the people who made me what I am today.. Iam not going to risk all of this for the things called feelings.. We have them today for someone and tomorrow for someone else.. Let's just end this.. Happy married life.."

She freed her wrist and went from there.. She didn't even turned around.. The tears made the way out from my eyes.. I controlled myself and wiped my tears harshly.. By hook or crook.. Dr. Sirisha Roy.. You are going to mine.."

Flashback over

I came outside the hall where the ceremony was taking place.. There she is standing while looking at the night sky.. 

I went and stood beside her.. She stepped a little back after noticing me.. Her eyes immediately went on my ring finger.. 2 week ago I got engaged to Trisha on my 26th birthday and it became the headlines of the nation..

We tried to tell our mothers, but they didn't agreed as they believed that me and her will manage this marriage the same way they did..
I don't know why people are so against feelings one have for someone..

"Long time no see Dr. Sirisha.." I mocked.. She took a deep breathe and nodded.. Typical Sirisha Roy things.. Nodding while trying to ignore the conversations..

TBC