𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

CHICAGO ONE OF THE MOST RENOWNED BIG CITIES IN THE WORLD. The last time Diana set foot in the city was all the way back in 1913 when the Art Institute of Chicago hosted the International Exposition of Modern Art the famous "Armory Show".

Klaus had a couple of his art works in the show so she knew she had to attend, she didn't stay in the city long leaving after a few months to go meet Elijah in Italy.

Why Klaus wanted to come to Chicago she has no idea, but figured it has something to do with what happened in the 1920's with him, Stefan, and Rebekah.

Ever since their hybrids failed Diana had been looking through all her grimoire's for any reason as to why it didn't work. They followed the spell to a T and had every ingredient they needed. But there was still a pit in Diana's stomach, something seemed off to her about the whole ritual and it always has.

Why would their mother, the woman who turned her children and son in law into vampires before placing the sleeping spell on William and bounding Diana and Klaus's wolf sides, have a way for her spell to be broken? After all the trouble she went through to make sure Diana and Klaus suffered for a thousand years, it just doesn't make sense.

But no matter how hard she looked she couldn't find anything and when she tried to perform a spell to look deeper into the curse that was placed upon Klaus and herself it was like she was blocked by something and couldn't see deeper into it.

Diana parked her car on the side of the road before she, Klaus, and Stefan all got out of the car.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus smirked wrapping his arm around Diana's shoulders

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked looking around

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asked with a smirk

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan said

"Wow, Stefan was actually interesting once. What a surprise." Diana grinned when she noticed Stefan's glare

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical." Klaus grinned as he reminisced