All's fair

A week had passed and Wanda hadn't heard anything from Peter. No one had. Spiderman had vanished without a trace.

His apartment was empty and cold. A layer of dust settling on the beds. His old toys and books lay forgotten on their shelves. Pictures of him and May sat neglected next to one of him and Wanda laughing at the camera.

When Wanda wasn't searching for Peter she was in her room. No one was brave enough to check if she was sleeping or eating except for Vision.

The Avengers were sitting in the conference room awaiting the arrival of Nick Fury. Discussing the incident. None of them had felt like talking much after it had happened. But now they needed to clear some things up.

"What can we do for her?" Clint asked.

Vision was watching her closed door intently. "I'm not certain. She will need time at the very least. Perhaps some assistance from Wakanda as they are helping Sergeant Barnes."

Once they'd subdued Bucky, T'Challa had offered his assistance in removing Hydra's programing. They knew it was going to be tough but were willing to try anything. Tony was still angry and not talking to Steve about what had happened.

Bruce shook his head. "I doubt that handling her is going to be quite the same" he was still lost in thought about what had happened. Especially seeing that video of Betty. Where was she now? What was happening to her?

Tony sighed and sat back in his chair. "FRIDAY? Any news on the kid?"

"There have been no recent sightings or reports of Spiderman, boss."

Steve was still in shock. He felt guilty for spearheading the hunt for Spiderman now that he knew the truth. "We have to keep trying. There has to be someone who knows where he is. We found Bucky, we can find Peter."

"There's not" Natasha said stoically. "His aunt was all the kid had for family. He's more of a ghost now than Barnes ever was. Barnes still appeared on the radar when he was sent out. Spiderman isn't active anywhere."

Steve looked like he wanted to argue, but Sam shook his head at him. "She's right. We're never going to find him, not after what happened. How would you feel if your girlfriend killed the only parent you had?"

"It wasn't her, not really." Vision had been repeating that every time it was mentioned.

"We get that. But even if Peter accepts that it's not like he's going to go back to normal." Rhodey said.

"What about Norman?" asked Clint. "He's with the Wakandans too, isn't he?"

"You mean the Goblin" corrected Natasha. "He's not going to be any help. He brought May there. Even if it was a cover I doubt that he's going to be the person to find Peter."

Thousands of miles away in Wakanda, Shuri was staring at the Goblin. He gave her a grin. "Still missing your boyfriend?"

Shuri glared at him. "Keep it up, Goblin. I'll do everything in my power to get rid of you."

"Can't do that without killing me." he said, gleefully. "Don't try to put the blame on me. Who's the one that weakened him before the fight? You think feeding him and dragging him out to that frozen hell absolves you of your sins?" The Goblin crept closer to the vibrainium bars of his cell. Straining against the chains that shackled him to the ground. "I may have brought her there, but his weakness killed her. The weakness you gave him when you tore into his body."

Shuri kicked the bars as the Goblin laughed manically.

"Where did he go?!" she hissed at him.

"You're asking me? I've been otherwise occupied my dear. Why don't you ask his other girlfriend? You know, the even crazier one?"