Shu & Valt-Visions

All rights reserved to Hiro Morita.

So it would be at least a war crime not having a fic with these two together, right? Anyway, like I said, longer gaps in uploads are just the order of the day at this point, my apologies. On a goofier note, midway through finishing this, I realized that this kinda served as a happier counterpart to Shu-Echoes, and changed the title, writing's funny like that sometimes!

Shu hated to hear those words again, the words that ruined his life.

"Please sir, I-I can't go on, and definitely not against that!" A desperate voice echoed out from the void that was all Shu could see as he felt his heartbeat pick up while his stomach churned. No, not here, not again.

A cold and authoritative voice answered the frantic one. This one made Shu's blood run cold. "Hmph, very well. Would you like to trade the comfort of your bed for the dirt then?"

"I- I... no."

"Then you will face him as I ask, along with the rest. Now get on with it."

The now defeated voice let out a huff. "Y-yes, sir."

The voice trailed off after that. Soon it chimed in again along with multiple sets of footsteps, as frantic as before along with about three others, each and every one was about as scared as the last.

"What do we do, man? There's no way I'm making it outside of the pit, but this guy fights like a hurricane!"

"I don't know!" Another one said in frustration. " God, this sucks! It's like he wants us to fail just so he can lighten the load around here. Everyone knows there's no stoppin' this guy!"

"Everyone just calm down." As reassuring as the voice tried to sound, it was honestly the most timid and skittish of all of them. "As long as we keep our heads cool and stick together, maybe we could pull through." The rest of the voices said nothing as their footsteps kept on. Eventually, the sound of a door sliding open came through as a pair of glassy glowing red eyes glared at Shu in the darkness. Then it came, those haunting words.

"I am Red Eye."

Shu's red eyes widened as the void around him exploded with fire and screams of agony. The white-haired boy was surrounded by a blood red void littered by flames. Shu felt his heart pick up speed as the smell of smoke bored into his mouth and he began to hack violently.

Looking at the flames surrounding him, the blaze began to float upward and coalesce, molding into a fiery face that resembled Legend Spriggan's avatar. The face's shark-like grin opened as a shadowy figure with glassy, glowing red eyes and a tailcoat began walking toward him. The figure was something he knew all too well.

Shu clutched his head and shut his eyes as he tried to gather himself. while resisting the hoarseness of his throat. This was a nightmare, nothing more, all he had to do was focus and force it out of his head.

Opening his eyes, he saw that nothing had worked. The figure was still marching toward him and his throat still burned. Shu backed away the best he could before a wall of flames intercepted him, the fire singed the back of his shirt as he cried out in pain and jumped away.

His blood ran cold as an arm grabbed onto his.

With a turn of his head, the shadow's red eyes were dead in his face as they let out a blinding glare. The shadow's words echoed through his head as he screamed in denial and agony.

"I am Red Eye, and this blaze is my fate." The figure was swept away by a wave of flames.

Shu jolted out of his bed as he looked around to find himself back in the safe dark blue walls of his bedroom, the light of day streamed through the curtains of the parallel windows behind him.