Shu-Echoes

All rights reserved to Hiro Morita.

Shu has a bunch of epic-fantasy RPG Boss fights and becomes a real gamer, along with a healthy dose of angst.

With Fafnir and Longinus gone, Shu was well on his way to getting his revenge.

The white-haired boy couldn't wait to see the looks of horror on Free and Lui's faces as his new Spriggan cleaved their Beys in two. It would serve them right after all the times they'd crushed and humiliated him. First, however, he'd have to complete this Requiem Project. To gain the strength of the four strongest Beys in the world.

As the fiery void where he had slain Fafnir fell away, Shu's eyes took in his new surroundings. The hallway he walked through was pure white with the pathway being flanked on both sides by equally white columns. Regaining his bearings and keeping up his hard glare, the red-eyed Blader walked toward his new future: one free of weakness, free of strife.

As he continued his walk, Shu clutched the long white pole of the massive golden ax in his right hand. The weapon manifested in his fight with Longinus. The moment he decided there was no going back from this, that no matter what happened, he would gain the power that Ashtem had set out for him. The pale blue X chip in the center of the blade gleamed in the light as Shu looked up at the weapon and nodded.

"Not a thing in the world...will stop us."

Coming to a towering golden door at the end of the hall, Shu's glare gave way to shock. In its center was an X chip similar to the one on his ax, but this one resembled the dull gray one that Legend Spriggan used as a God Chip. Shu sneered at the memory of the worthless thing. All the time he had put into it was a waste, capped off by Lui and Nightmare Longinus blowing it to pieces along with his mask.

His anger snapped to curiosity as the left bar that formed the X on the gate began to fill with some kind of energy: the line on top filled itself with yellowish-gold energy (most likely representing Fafnir) and the lower line represented Longinus with icy blue energy. The right bar of the X remained unfilled, causing Shu to bristle.

Shu dropped his ax and began clutching his head. An overwhelming number of words from two cheery voices swarmed through his head as he bit back the urge to scream. He knew what he had to do next, he had already defeated Drain Fafnir and Nightmare Longinus; now, all he had to do was defeat the avatars of the other two Beys involved in the process, he had to fight them.

He remembered that day. The day they all swore to meet again.

"You sure you wanna do this, pal?" Xhaka said as he and Shu stared at Valt, their backs to the Blading arena while their friend stared at them, running a hand through his spiky hair.

"Yeah," Valt replied with a wide grin. Shu gave a wistful sigh at that. It was nice having the three of them all here. It was almost like his loss to Lui and Spriggan breaking never happened. "I've made up my mind. Next time I get into a tournament, I'll be rolling with Spain's own BC Sol!"

Xhaka gave his own grin at that."Well then, you better watch out, because I'll be hitting the world stage too!" He closed his right eye and gave a thumbs up.

Valt just laughed before reaching into his pocket and pulling out Victory Valkyrie."Alright then, next time we meet, me and Valkyrie'll blow you away just like last time."

Xhaka kept grinning and pulled out Xeno Xcalibur. "Just try it. With some good and hard training, Xcailibur'll be able to cut you down, just like the old days." Xhaka was probably right. For as long as the three of them had been blading, the red-haired giant and Xcailbur had easily defeated Valkyrie time after time. Valt had just barely managed to snag a victory in the finals.