t h i r t e e n

"Yoongi, I thought we agreed to let her take down her wings herself? Why did you do that?"

"I didn't think much about it. All I know was I wanted her wings."

"Yoongi, you-"

"Okay hyung, I'm tired. I'm going to take a rest now. You should too."

Yoongi walked into his room and looked at the pair of wings in his hand. He is feeling something that he has never felt before in his entire life. It's this weird feeling that he wasn't able to describe, but for sure he didn't feel comfortable with that feeling.

-

-

Umji fainted shortly after they left the beach. Hours passed and she finally gained back her consciousness. The removal of wings took away 50% of her energy and she's feeling extremely weak right now. Even up till now, with the truth lying right in front of her eye, she still can't believe that the human that she's been protecting and loving is her biggest enemy. She also can't believe that all this time the Angel Appa she's been calling all along was her biological father. She always thought she was just like any other Angels, calling him Father since he was the one who took care of all the Angels.

But what makes her feel even worse is her falling in love with a Demon. They are someone whom her fellow Angel-mates won't like, and it's almost like an invisible forbidden rule. It's like a step-sister and step-brother who are non-related liked each other. Nobody said that wasn't okay, but it felt so wrong and forbidden. 

She slowly stood up and started walking aimlessly. Just as she was walking, she accidentally stepped on something. She looked down to her feet, only to see the watch that had been shattered lying in the sand. She picked up the watch and recalled what Angel Appa said. It must be something important for him to tell her to never lose it. And yet she had so much trust in Yoongi, that she gave it to Yoongi.

Now, not only did she lose her pair of wings, but she also lost the way to head back to Heaven and to be in contact with the Angels there.

-

-

It's been a few days, and that weird feeling is still lingering in Yoongi. He doesn't know how he should explain that feeling, but it's a feeling of pain. It was more painful than those times when he got injured during a fight with others, or in fact, it was a different type of pain. And this pain seems to be coming out from what the Angels and humans refer to as, the heart.

As Demons, they were cursed many many years ago to never develop any feelings for anything or anyone. They do have a heart, but because of the curse, it is almost as if their heart is made of stone because they won't feel any love or sympathy towards anything or anyone. Of course, there were quite a few cases where the Demons somehow did develop feelings, but it was rare.

Just then, Kim Taek knocked on Yoongi's door and came in. "What's wrong? You look quite lost these few days, for some reason."

"I don't know... I'm having a lot of weird feelings deep in me, they are not those regular feelings that we will always feel, it's something beyond that... It's only feelings that I will feel whenever I come in contact or think about that stupid Angel..."

Kim Taek let out a small laugh as he heard what Yoongi said. His brother is pretty lost right now and as his big brother, he has to help out his younger brother. "Well, what are exactly the feelings you are feeling?"

"It's like, I keep recalling the scene where I took off her wings, the facial expression that was on her face...it kept giving me flashbacks or that exact scene, and this area," Yoongi pointed to his heart, "would feel so much in pain. It was as if I was clenching onto here so tightly, it felt so painful, but it was a different type of pain from those pains we felt when we were injured. And... I don't know, I came to realise that whenever I'm with her, I don't know... it's so weird... It's as if there are drums inside here you know that? It's beating so fast..."

"Yoongi ah, I guess you've finally broken the curse of your own. These are feelings of you liking, or even loving her. You're in pain because you love her, and it hurts you to see her getting hurt and injured. You felt drums beating hard in that area you pointed because that's what we always call, the heart. Your heart still starts beating super fast when you're with someone you like."

Kim Taek and Yoongi had a Demon Dad and an Angel Mum, however Kim Taek resemble almost everything from their Mum, meanwhile, Yoongi resembles everything from their Dad, and that was one of the reasons why Yoongi was left in Hell while Kim Taek was left in the Heaven because Yoongi's feelings were cursed but Kim Taek's wasn't. He could feel like normal humans do, hence he was able to explain to Yoongi what are those exact feelings.

"So you mean, I've fallen in love with her, but yet still took her wings?"

"Well, apparently. That's why I told you beforehand to think through it thoroughly and ensure you really know what you are feeling. But you told me you are sure and you don't feel any different."

"Then...what should I do now?"

"Maybe we should go to Heaven and talk to the Angel Dad."

"But are you sure my feelings towards her are love, or like? You are not me, you might misunderstand how and what I think"

"These are feelings that outside don't have to be you to know how you feel. It is usually reflected in your actions or through your eyes. It's kind of obvious, that you have feelings for her."