eight

[The next day]

Umji walked out of her room happily, as if she had won the lottery.

"You look very excited"

"Of course! My wings have recovered and I can finally continue working!"

"You're probably the only one who can't wait to work"

"I mean, there's nothing much that I can do in this human world"

Umji replied while observing Yoongi's outfit closely.

"You are going out?"

"Yeah, I'm going out to earn money, so that I can feed you"

oh my god hold up min yoongi, why did you say it in such a manner...that will make her misunderstand. but it should be fine right? she'd be too dumb to misunderstand anyways

Umji can't help but sulk. If Yoongi goes out to work, it would mean that he would be spending less time at home, and the amount of time for them to have a conversation would be less as well. There's no one else Umji can talk to in this human world, other than Yoongi, there are only other angels...or demons that she can talk to. But it's not easy to encounter any of them either.

Soon, Yoongi left Umji alone in the house, and shortly after, he was informed that he had passed the interview for the part-time job. Since the store was short of employees and needed new employees urgently, Yoongi got accepted immediately and started working.

Umji on the other hand started helping Yoongi to maintain the house's cleanliness, but Yoongi's house is clean in general, thus there's nothing much that Umji can do either. This long and boring day for both of them has lasted for five days, and Umji is already "dead" because of the boredom.

Umji lay on the couch as she watched the show on the screen while waiting for Yoongi to come back from work. He usually reaches home at 7 pm sharp every night, but it's 8 pm today and he still isn't back. Being his guardian angel, Umji got worried about his well-being and has hence gone out to look for him.

Judging by how lazy and fearless he is, he must have used the shorter route to the street. And that must be the alley!

In order to go to the streets from Yoongi's house, they must either walk pass through an alley or walk one big round, which adds up to about half an hour, to reach the streets. Since it is really dark and quiet, especially at night, people normally avoid using this path to reach the streets. But thinking about how lazy Yoongi is, Umji made a guess that he must have used the shorter and scarier route, which is the alley.

She walked through the alley which felt extra dark today. A cold breeze blew against her and she couldn't help but shiver in cold. Has the alley always felt so cold? Suddenly, sounds of beatings could be heard. Umji quickly rushed forward to take a look at what was going on. Just when she was about to stop the fight, she vaguely saw that familiar face. It is Yoongi who is getting the beating! Blood started boiling in her as she witnessed Yoongi being bullied.