|4|

Its been a few weeks since the horrible sit down at Kyrie's house

Its been a few weeks since the horrible sit down at Kyrie's house. Since then things have gotten crazy for Phoenix. With school being out for the summer and Nina started chemo, Phoenix was spread thin between her mother and daughter.

Although Kyrie and his parents stepped in to help out, Phoenix still wasnt sure about it. Instead of letting Kennedi spend days with her father or grandparents, the most Phoenix would let her spend is two days.

"You don't have to sit here with me you know." Nina said looking over at her daughter. Phoenix rolled her eyes smirking at her mother.

"And who would be here to make sure they doing everything right if I wasn't."

"I'm just saying." Nina shrugged. "You sitting here with me letting life pass you by in this room. You could be out doing something like dating or having fun."

"I'm okay mommy."

"Phoenix." Nina said seriously. "I'm not going to be here forever. I need you to start being okay with that."

"Don't say that mommy."

"I love you but I don't want you sitting here with me every week. You need to start letting go." Phoenix shook her head refusing to listen to the nonsense her mother was saying.

Letting go was out of the question for Phoenix despite what her mother is going through. To her, her mother is a fighter and there is no way she is going to let her give up.

"Change the subject." Phoenix said clearing her throat.

"Okay." Nina said noticing her daughter become upset. "Who has Kennedi today?"

"Her ugly ass daddy." Phoenix said rolling her eyes.

"Watch your mouth." Nina fussed. "What happened this time."

"He wants to take her with him on this father daughter trip he takes his other daughter on every summer."

"Okay..." Nina said puzzled.

"A trip is out of the question. I'm not comfortable with that. She's never been away from me like that."

"That's her father."

"And."

"That's not fair and you know it."

"I'm just not ready for something like that."

"Yeah but how you think she will feel knowing her daddy and sister went and had fun without her. Those girls love each other so much already. Don't you think Gabby wants her sister with her? You had plenty of time with her. Let him get some time with her the way he wants to."

"I'll think about it." Nina nodded knowing her daughter was going to do what she wanted to do in the end.

After getting her mom home and settled in Phoenix went to her father's law firm. The talk she had with her mother wasn't sitting right with her. She walked in instantly being greeted by her father's long time secretary Jeanette.