Chapter 44: The Invasion

Start from the beginning

But the moment was interrupted by the voice of someone calling out to them. "Are you two the reporters from MetroPulse?" It was Doctor Griffin, the very person they had come to meet.

Glitch extended his hand with a friendly smile. "David Miller, sir. Thank you for making some time for us," he said. The scientist shook his hand. Deadlock also smiled and joined in the handshake. "And I'm Emily Parker. It's a pleasure to meet you, Doctor Griffin," she said warmly. The scientist replied, "Pleasure's mine. Could've sworn they sent someone over a week ago, but... must be a different news outlet. let me show you around."

.

.

.

The Pillar Dimension

Omega Glitch stood resolute before the Pillars of Radiance, each appearing with an air of ancient wisdom. 

The Pillar of Dimensions regarded Glitch with his deep gaze through his samurai armor. "Are you absolutely certain, hero, that you wish to be sent to this earth?" he asked. "The enmity between your earth and this one is well-known, even to us. We can send you to a different world, one where you may encounter less hostility."

Glitch clenched his fists, determination etched across his face. "I have my reasons. You said Abraxas might notice if I use the artifact's power, but Alpha Earth has a teleporter that can take me back to Omega Earth. And if I get lucky, Alpha's Valorant might lend an ear and help me. It's a gamble, but it's a chance I must take."

The Pillar of Dimensions nodded slowly, understanding Glitch's resolve. "Very well, Omega Glitch. Be cautious in your quest, and remember the potential consequences of haste."

With a sense of gratitude, Glitch acknowledged the Pillar of Dimensions. He then turned to face the Pillar of Space, who raised her hands in a graceful gesture, conjuring a shimmering portal before him. It pulsed with an otherworldly radiance.

"Thank you," Glitch said. With a determined step, he crossed the threshold of the portal, vanishing from the presence of the pillars.

As the portal closed, the Pillar of Shadows, concealed in the darkness, posed a question to the other pillars. "Was that him? The savior of the prophecy, the one destined to protect the multiverse?"

The Pillar of Time and the Pillar of Knowledge exchanged knowing glances. It was the Pillar of Knowledge who spoke, his voice bearing the weight of wisdom. "No, there is another."

.

.

.

Copenhagen, Denmark, Omega Earth

Omega Sova, Cypher, and KAY/O arrived at the scene to assess the situation. The sky above was once again serene, the rift now closed, but the repercussions of its sudden appearance lingered.

KAY/O, with his advanced sensors, detected anomalous readings emanating from the ground. He pointed this out to his comrades, his robotic frame poised in a stance of vigilance. Cypher, after several attempts, finally managed to reestablish a connection to the network, and his face displayed a mixture of concern and curiosity as he delved into the incoming data.

"An unidentified object crash-landed in Copenhagen," Cypher reported somberly. "Hundreds of casualties reported."

The news weighed heavily on Sova, his heart heavy with the knowledge of so many lives disrupted or lost in an instant. His eyes blazed with determination as he turned to KAY/O, issuing a command. "Bring the Vulture down. We need to get to the ground and assess the situation firsthand."