Chapter 8: Memories, Part II

The four agents, Sage, Glitch, Omen, and Viper stood motionless in the dimly lit training room, the weight of their situation overwhelmed the atmosphere. 

Omen's voice quivered as he reached out to caress Viper's cheek, whispering, "Sabine. My beautiful Sabine." Viper met Omen's touch with tenderness and sadness. "I'm here, Fred. Y/n is also here for you," she responded with her voice full of a sense of longing. 

Y/n stood beside them, still trying to process the whirlwind of revelations that had unfolded before him. He had just discovered today that Doctor Wallace was alive, despite believing him to be dead for the past seven years. On top of that, he had learned that Doctor Wallace had become an agent of the Valorant Protocol, as this enigmatic entity called Omen. It was all too much for y/n to absorb in a single day. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the story, something Viper knew but hadn't revealed. 

Seeing Omen's affectionate gestures towards Viper confirmed the truth he had learned, that the ghostly being before him was indeed Doctor Wallace. But amidst the confirmation, a lingering sense of unease gnawed at Y/N. Everything had happened so abruptly, leaving him overwhelmed by the sudden rush of information.

Y/n's gaze shifted to Sage, who initially seemed to be smiling through tears. However, now Sage couldn't even bear to look at the pair before her. Viper, too, couldn't meet Omen's gaze anymore. Realization slowly dawned on Omen, and he gently cupped Viper's chin, urging her to face him.

"I remember now. I remember everything," Omen spoke. Recollection and anguish filled the air in the room. "Not just memories of my former self, but also the recent ones," he continued, his words carrying the weight of countless cycles. His gaze turned distant, lost in a sea of fragmented remembrances. "Every time we reach this moment, where you reveal who I once was... I get torn apart again," Omen confessed, his voice trembling with a hint of desperation. "How many times have you told me about myself, Sabine? Eleven, twelve times?" he asked in a tone of resignation. He lowered his hand from Viper's chin, his eyes fixated on the cold, unforgiving wall.

"When you told me that you didn't want me to know that you were responsible for the accident, that was just an excuse, wasn't it? You've tried to tell me countless times, but the memories shatter after a few days, even hours. This time, you even brought y/n with you, hoping that my memories would stay," he recounted in pain. "Go away, all of you. Soon, I won't even recognize any of you again," Omen concluded. He then phased through the wall, leaving the three remaining agents in the dimly lit training room. Sympathy and helplessness struck y/n in his chest.

 Viper stood there, her spirit fractured and broken. Sage, unable to contain her sorrow, reached out to comfort Viper, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "Viper, I am so sorry. I promise that we will-" Before Sage could finish her sentence, Viper brushed her hand off her shoulder, her eyes filled with grief and anger. Without a word, Viper silently exited the training room, leaving Sage behind. Tears streamed down Sage's cheeks, and y/n, feeling a deep sense of empathy, placed a comforting hand on Sage's shoulder, offering solace in the midst of their shared pain. "I understand that you feel guilty about what happened. But can you tell me more about your side of the story?" he asked.

.

.

.

The Valorant headquarters, situated on a secluded island, offered the perfect backdrop for moments of contemplation. Whether it was a beach or a mountain, nature's embrace was never far away. Y/n and Sage took a walk outside the headquarters, seeking solace in the refreshing sea breeze. Sage had just finished explaining her role in the story, shedding light on her attempts to bring Omen back to life. Y/n listened intently, nodding as they strolled along, eventually arriving at the beach.