Chapter 2: Unexpected Guests

The Vulture soars the sky, leaving the area in great speed. The Radianite warehouse went out of sight in just a matter of seconds. Fixated on the world below, y/n gazes intently through the window. With mind filled with confusion, he pondered to himself, 

"Now how do I get them to get me down without letting them know where I live?". Y/n is quite secretive when it comes to his personal information. Although he desires to do good, he does not want excessive attention from his surroundings. It would only make him feel uneasy and drain his energy. 

While he spent his time thinking, y/n was interrupted by the approach of the orange-capped woman, carrying an energy drink. "Thanks for bailing us out back there. You really saved us from a tight spot!" she exclaimed, tossing the drink towards y/n. Catching the bottle effortlessly, y/n's gaze lingered upon it. He was unwilling to unmask himself and unveil his identity for a mere sip of energy drink. So, y/n gently set the drink down beside their foot after expressing gratitude instead. "I'm Raze by the way! It's my callsign. Nice to meetcha" said the lady introducing herself in a friendly manner. 

Y/n, well aware that "Breach" was also a callsign, recognized the inherent lack of trust these individuals held toward outsiders. These guys don't really trust strangers as well. It's only fair that he keeps himself in the dark. "Likewise, Raze" he replied. Just as he said that, the door to the cockpit swung open, unveiling the figure of a man. 

"Hate to break your friendly chat, but I gotta ask the stranger where we should drop him off." said the man. Like Breach, the man also has a large body build. Although not as tall as Breach, he is still significantly larger than y/n and Raze. His muscular frame exudes strength and resilience, and his stern expression reflects the essence of a seasoned warrior. He crossed his arms, lifted his chin slightly while eyeing y/n from a few feet away. Unlike with Breach, just glancing at him for a second was enough to feel his commanding and intimidating presence. "We have somewhere to go, buddy. So, we'll be dropping you off after laying low for a little while" he continued. Y/n could only assume that this was the man Breach was talking to through the comms. "You can drop me off anywhere in Vancouver (or your city name, if you prefer)" said y/n calmly. "And thank you for the ride, kind sir" he added. With a subtle nod towards y/n, the man pivoted away, and returned to the cockpit.

"Looks like we've got some breathing room for a little chit-chat," Breach casually leaned against the aircraft's wall next to y/n. "So, what's with the mask?" he inquired, his tone filled with genuine interest. Y/n had secretly hoped to avoid such questions. "It's just my way of keeping my privacy intact," he replied with a straightforward simplicity. "Awh... was hoping we could see your face." Raze chimed in nonchalantly. Y/n had nearly forgotten that he was engaged in conversation with Raze just moments ago. "You were kinda fast back there. We have someone in our team who's probably just as fast-..?" Raze's sentence was abruptly interrupted as Breach gently nudged her shoulder. Leaning closer, Breach whispered into her ear, "He's not part of the team! Brim is going to kill you for that!" "Okay, okay. My bad." she whispered back, acknowledging her slip-up. 

Y/n ignored their whispering act, and asked curiously, "I've never heard or seen an organization like your kind. What brings you to Vancouver?".  Trying to act professional, Breach cleared his throat, "We were sent to investigate Radiant activities in Canada. We thought there wasn't much to see here, until the incident earlier this morning happened." he said in reply to the question. Y/n was not expecting him to answer truthfully. But Breach's answer was quite believable to him. Y/n found himself mulling over the words. Things really had gone crazy around the world. Maybe this organization have uncovered something significant in Canada, something he hasn't noticed yet. It sparked a realization that perhaps there was more to his surroundings than met the eye.