Chapter 37: Silver Hunter

(Note: Any visual references I provide in the chapters are simply my personal interpretations of the scenes. Feel free to ignore them and let your own imagination take the lead!)

Frankfurt, Germany, Sigma Earth

Omega Neon couldn't shake the unsettling sensation of being watched. The feeling intensified, raising the hair on her neck. Then, a deafening gunshot pierced the silence, and pain flared in her leg. Her powers flickered, then dimmed, leaving her vulnerable.

Through her comms device, Skye's voice buzzed with concern, "Neon, what's happening? Report!"

Gasping, Neon replied, "I'm under attack, Skye. Need backup, now!"

With gritted teeth, she attempted to regain her footing, her leg throbbing with pain. She couldn't see her assailant, only shadows in the distance. And then, the hunter, clad in an ominous dark silver suit, emerged from the obscurity.

Before her eyes, a shimmering arrow hurtled through the air, exploding with devastating force. The explosion sent Neon tumbling through the air. She collided with the broken asphalt, her senses scrambled, and her body stunned. 

Neon tried to muster her powers, to retaliate, but it was futile. The hunter's explosive arrows had disrupted her Radiant abilities. Her powers lay dormant, sapped by the hunter's weapon.

As despair threatened to overtake her, Omega Skye arrived on the scene, having responded swiftly to Neon's call for help. "Neon!" she yelled out as her gaze landed on Neon. Skye knew that something was terribly wrong. Her instincts urged her to summon a seeker. 

"Seek them out!" With a swift gesture, she called forth the spectral creature in the form of a jellyfish to aid her in locating the mysterious hunter.

The seeker soared into the air, its luminescent form leaving a faint trail of radiant energy. It weaved through the ruined structures and crumbling skyscrapers, homing in on the hunter's presence. Skye's heart pounded with anticipation as she watched the seeker close in on its target.

But then, with astonishing precision, the hunter raised his bow and unleashed a single, deadly arrow. The arrow, imbued with power, streaked through the air and struck the seeker with uncanny accuracy. An explosion of radiant energy engulfed the creature, scattering it into dissipating motes of light.

The hunter, revealed by the seeker's last moments, stood tall and resolute. His voice, cold and unyielding, cut through the eerie silence.

"Beastmaster," he sneered, addressing Skye with a chilling familiarity. "Looks like you survived the war. I'll make sure to kill you properly this time."

Skye understood that this adversary was no ordinary foe. In the tense standoff between Skye and the relentless hunter, the two clashed in a flurry of skill and abilities. Skye's control over nature's forces met the hunter's calculated precision. However, the tide of battle shifted when the hunter unleashed yet another of his explosive arrows towards her.

The detonation was blinding, and the shockwave rippled through the air. Skye felt a sudden and excruciating disconnection from her Radiant powers as she fell to the ground. 

Cursing her misfortune, the hunter raised his weapon, intent on delivering a finishing blow. But fate had other plans. Just as the hunter took aim, a swirling vortex of glitching energy materialized before Skye and Neon. It formed into a protective barrier that shimmered with an otherworldly luminescence.

Omega Glitch had arrived.

The hunter's curse turned to surprise as his shot ricocheted off the glitching barrier, harmlessly scattering sparks of energy. Glitch stood resolute, his hands extended as he maintained the protective shield. His eyes, hidden behind his visor, bore into the hunter with unwavering determination.