Her hair was styled in a large bun and I didn't need anyone to tell me she got a long hair. The beautiful lightening of her office enhanced her honey skin tone. "Good morning Ms Serrano" I broke the silence and she slowly looked up from her laptop while she still typed away.

Her amber eyes met with mine and a formal smile pulled up on her glossed lips. Okayyy.... I didn't expect her to be this young. I mean she looks the same age as I am. I expected someone older.

"Hi Ms Sanchez, please have a seat" she permitted. I mumbled the word of appreciation and did just that.

"I'm glad you didn't waste any time in getting back to me concerning the contract". An awkward laugh left my lips and I looked away from her face and glued my eyes to my thighs.

"I really didn't want you to change your mind about this" I uttered the truth which made her chuckle.

"That's not how it works Ms Sanchez. Anyways it's good you got back to me the earliest, we'll just need to go over some few things and thereafter you'll get the job" my heart beat quickened at the mention of getting the job and my impatient ass wanted to skip all the processes already and get to the main point but I had to control my emotions.

"You are very much aware of ElSerrano Inc. am I correct?" She stared at me dead in the eyes with professionalism written in her eyes and radiating off her demeanor.

"Yes ma'am"

"That's good to know. We operate on three major services which includes: Accommodation food and event services. I could have easily asked Mrs Clara Johnson to give you the position of a head chef in her hotel but ElSerrano Inc. needs a talented cook like you. Ms Sanchez, accepting this job comes with a lot of hard work, dedication, accountability, meticulousness and of course sacrifices. Do you think you will be able to handle all these?"

The meaning of her question was locked up in the mysterious tone of her voice which terrified me a bit but I've come too far to change my mind.

"Yes Ms Serrano, I'll be able to handle this" a half smile tugged at the corner of her lips and she shook her head.

"You don't have to make a decision on the spot Ms Sanchez. Working with us and accepting this opportunity means you're going to be our Executive chef". Her explanation made my brows ridge in confusion.

"What do you...... "What that simply mean is that you'll be responsible for food services in our restaurants, cafes, bakeries and home but most especially when we're contracted for an event" I knew the Serranos were wealthy people who dealt with chains of hotels and restaurants which made me think I'll be employed as a staff in one of them but these... they're all new to me.

"Contracted for an event?"

"Yes darling. Like I said we operate on three major services. We are often contracted to plan events and most of the times we are responsible for the catering, decoration and accommodation services. Does that satisfy your curiosity?" I nodded in reply and remained silent while she elaborated more about ElSerrano to me.

"Ms Sanchez, this role is a very big one and I do not expect you to disappoint me. When it comes to culinary arts you are very talented and ElSerrano needs someone like you. So once again, do you still wish to take up this opportunity?" I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath because I was about to make one of the biggest decisions of my life.

"You don't have to make a decision right now Ms Sanchez. If you wish I can give you the other options of this job". She informed and I stared at her in anticipation of what she had to explain.

"We can employ you as the head chef in any of the headquarters of either our restaurant, hotels, cafes or bakeries. Or you can be a temporary chef on contract which means you only get to work during and event whether hosted by us or by our clients. Or you can be a sous chef in our home which of course wouldn't be so financially beneficial. And the last which is the most difficult; you accept the role of the executive chef of ElSerrano" although she asked me to take my time in making the decision I didn't do that because I knew what I wanted already.