A Crazy Day

Dale approaches the group and informs them that they may have an issue. Jim had been digging holes for hours at the time. Everyone follows Shane walking to Jim and waits to see what happens. After a while, Jim starts ranting and flinging his shovel at people. He calms down after Shane gets him on the ground. Meave stared intently at the spectacle. She wants to learn how she can get someone on the ground like Shane.

Meave takes her notebook from her backpack once everything is over. She walks over to a tree and sits against it. She starts drawing her family. She is determined not to forget them. And if she forgets them, she can look to the drawing. Lori notices her drawing and approaches her. "Hello, that is lovely," she says. "Who exactly are those people?" she wonders. Meave responds softly, "This is my mother and father," pointing to the upper drawing. "And this is my older brother and  younger sister," she adds, pointing to the drawing below. Lori gives her a smile and says "You are very talented" Then she walks away.

A few hours go by...

When dinner was ready, it was already getting dark. They ate the fish that Andrea and Amy had caught for them. Meave like fish, particularly salmon. Everyone is eating well and chatting with one another.

Then, all of a sudden, they hear screams. When everyone turns around, they find walkers approaching  the camp. Amy was bitten, everyone witnessed it. Lori grabs Meave and Carl's hands and pulls them away, attempting to keep them safe.

The men all try to fight the walkers. Hundreds of shots are fired, and numerous individuals are hurt or killed. Carls rushes up to his father as he sees him. But Meave is still holding Lori's hand, trying to understand what has just happened. Lori notices Meave is in shock and draws her closer to her.

-

The next day, they burn all of the walkers. And they bury the people's bodies. Andrea is still sitting with Amy, her deceased sister. She refuses to leave her. While the others are debating what to do next, Meave plays with Carl tic tac toe.

Daryl is still furious about what happened to his brother. He screams at everything and everyone. Meave is terrified of him because of his behavior.

Suddenly woman shouts, "He was bitten by a walker!" Meave and Carl dash over to the others. They are threatening Jim with their firearms. They finally put their weapons away. And they're debating what to do with the man. 

They were informed that the CDC was working on a cure.  Rick believes that going to the CDC is a smart idea. Especially for the treatment, housing, and safety they provide. But Shane thinks it is a mistake. 

Meave approaches a tree and sits in front of it. She falls asleep as her eyes slowly close due to exhaustion. Lori notices her and quietly says, "hi sweety, wake up" "I have a better bed for you, closer to the camp." She takes Meave back to the camp. And then makes a homemade bed for Meave to sleep on. Lori tucks Meave in as she lies down. A few seconds later she falls asleep again.

It's time for her to leave when she wakes up. She grabs her backpack and assists the others in packing their belongings. They make a decision on who will sit in which car. Because there are far too many people and far too few vehicles. Meave has to ride shotgun on Daryl's motorcycle. He grunts when he hears that. Meave is scared and annoyed at having to sit behind him, but she is too afraid to inform the others.

"Be careful, kid," Daryl warns as Meave climbs aboard the motorcycle. "I will" she says softly. They then all leave towards the CDC.

They must quit after a few hours. Because Jim, the man who was bitten, isn't doing well. He requests that the rest of the people leave him alone. Meave doesn't know him well, yet she is sad. He stutters as he tries to speak after she hands him a flower but no words come out of his mouth. Meave smiles softly and goes away. Then they all go to the CDC.

Daryl didn't say anything to Meave on the drive to CDC. This made her feel uneasy and awkward. But she didn't dare to say anything to him to start a conversation.

-

When they arrived at the CDC, they discovered hunderds of dead walker bodies. They must pass through the bodies to get to the CDC's entrance. Lori holds Carl and Meave's hands as they walk towards the door. Meave feels safe when holding her hand, but she is also nervous.

They are standing at the door, but it does not open. They are about to leave when Rick notices the camera moving. He bangs on the door, pleading with those inside to open it. Shane yanks him away, but they hear a noise. Everyone is relieved to see that the doors have opened.