Atlanta

On the way to Atlanta, the man tells Meave everything about his family. He mentions his son Carl, who is Meave's age and enjoys football. And that his wife Lori adores flowers, particularly roses. He then remembers he hasn't yet introduced himself. "My name is Rick Grimes." "What is your name?" he asks. Meave does not respond. "Okay, then I'll call you kid," he replies.

When they get in Atlanta, the city is abandoned. There is no one around. There are no 'walkers,' as Rick refers to them. As they go closer to the city center. They start to notice a slight growling sound. They're both looking in toward where it came from. Then they notice it, hordes of 'walkers' approach them. They go the opposite direction, but are surrounded by 'walkers'.

They both fall from the horse as it rears. They quickly hide beneath the tank next to them. They watch the 'walkers' eat the horse alive. Meave wishes she could turn away, but she is unable to do so. Her eyes are pulled to the horse. The horse is fighting for its life, but it is unable to win. She stared at him till the horse neighed for the last time. Her eyes welled up with tears as she saw the zombies devouring the lifeless body.

More walkers arrive, and they spot Meave and Rick hiding below the tank. The walkers make their way beneath the big vehicle. Rick hands Meave a gun so she can shoot the walkers. Maeve was a bit startled at first since she had never touched a real gun before. Let even shooting it. On top of that, she has never killed a walker before since she is too terrified to approach them.

But she now has to shoot them. She fires four shorts, three of which miss, but one hits the walker in the head. Meave then notices a hatch above her. Rick follows her as she gets into the tank. They slam the hatch shut as quickly as they can. Meave sits down in stunned silence, her ears still ringing from the gunfire. She puts the gun on the ground and shoves it at Rick.

Rick and Meave exchange looks but say nothing. They are still hyped with adrenaline. The 'dead' man next to Rick suddenly began to move. Rick pulls out his weapon and shoots him in the head. The sound was so loud that they couldn't hear anything but a ring in their ears.

Rick informs Meave that he is going to climb to the top of the tank and seek for a way out. Meave does not respond since she is still unaware of what is going on. When the walkers notice Rick, they climb onto the tank. Rick returns to the tank and seals the opening. 

"We're surrounded by walkers, and I dropped my duffelbag when we fell off the horse," he explained, panting. "Are we stuck here?" Meave responded softly, not realizing she had broken her promise to her parents. Rick doesn't respond and instead counts his remaining rounds.

Suddenly, they hear a guy yell over the intercom, "Hey, you dumbasses!" "Yeah, you in the tank" Are you comfortable in there?" Meave and Rick are both stunned, but pleased to hear a voice.

"Hey, you guys alive in there?" the man asks. Rick rushes to the intercom but stumbles and hurts his head. "Hello, Hello," says Rick. The man responds. "Ahh there you are, I have been wondering."

Rick and the guy discuss an escape plan. The man advisess making a run for it. Because he has a view from outside, he can advise Meave and Rick on where and when to run. The plan is to jump off the tank's right side and continue in that direction. They can conceal in an alley 50 yards away. "Be there," the guy says. Rick says: "He referring to the alley."

"Hey, what's your name?" Rick asks. "Have you been listing? You guys are running out of time," says the man.

Rick hands Meave a pistol before jumping out of the tank. They are sprinting as fast as they can to the alley while shooting at the walkers. When they arrived at the alley, Rick almost shot the man. They all climb a ladder. When they reached the top, all three were panting and staring down at the walkers below them. They all introduce each other, including Meave. The man's name is Glenn.

Glenn climbs further up the ladder. Rick and Meave go after him. When they reach the top, they proceed walking to a hatch and they climb through it. They are walking through an abandonned structure. Then Glenn has to cross the street, but there are four walkers. He grabs his walkie-talkie and announces, "I'm back, I've got two guests and four geeks in the alley."

They all rush down the stairs as two armed guys appear and kill the walkers. Glenn, Meave, and Rick walk through the entrance which the armed men came from. Meave and Rick were both held under shot once they got inside.