Dead or Alive

Once she woke up, she realized her mother and siblings still haven't returned home. They should already be at home. So Meave ties her shoes and puts on her coat. She can't wait any longer for her mother and siblings to arrive. She decides to walk outdoors and look for them on her own. Since the military has left and the majority of the population has vanished, it's less scarier to look for them. Besides her family would never abandon her.

When Meave opens the door, the entire neighborhood is quiet and no one is in sight. All of the residences appear to be abandoned. People had to go quickly. But why would they leave, she wonders? Then she notices the hospital in the distance.

A growling sound can be heard in the distance as Meave approaches the hospital. While walking towards the sound. The snarling becomes increasingly audible. She notices the sound coming from behind a closed door. She suspects it's a dog trying to escape. So she pushes the door open.

A strange human being creature pushes her over in the blink of an eye. And she collapses onto her back. She screamed when she realized what it was. Then she jumps up and flees as quickly as she can. What just happened, what was it? She wonders. She is helpless and terrified.

She is still in shock when she arrives at the hospital's main door. The entryway was fully barricaded. She attempted to enter but it was unsuccessful. That's when she decided to go through the back entrance.

As she got closer to the back entrance, she started smelling something unpleasant. Something seemed to be rotting out there. She squeezes her nose shut and walks towards the odor. Then she discovers were the smell came from.