|27|: Wounded/زخمی

Start from the beginning

Driving mindlessly for hours, he searched for her. He has lost count of how many roads he looked through. He hasn't found her yet. Worry and fear was clawing at his features as he thought of all the worst case scenarios. He can't lose anyone else now. One guilt is enough to marred his conscious. While he passed one road, he saw a tiny figure of girl hunching over. He put his foot on the brakes and stepped out his car. Rounding the car, he whispered

"Mehr." Relief waved over his form as he finally saw the girl he was searching for.

"What are you doing here?" He asked when he made out the tense expression on her face.

"I..forgot my way... back."

Her voice crippled in the end and he decided not to ask anymore questions. Letting her adjust in the car, he sped of back to the shelter home.

"Thank you.....bhai."

He heard her silent whisper. Shaking his head, he assured her

"No need. Its enough that you're alright."

When he returned his attention back to the windshield, he saw some thugs standing in front of his car. He was forced to put his foot on the brakes as those men didn't move an inch. He looked sideways to catch the young girl trembling a little. Fear took over his features as he stepped out his car.

"What do you want? Money?"

He offered. All he wanted was to get rid of this situation. A dull throb was building at the back of his brain. He was having a minor sitting in his car. He doesn't care much about his well being. All he wanted was to protect the other human in his car. At all cost.

"If you're not the person we're looking for."

Coldness washed over his features as he saw the baseball bats in their hands. They stepped forward and hell broke loose. Screams rippled through the atmosphere. They were attacking from all directions. He dodged many hits. His mind was constantly at one thought and that was to protect the young girl in his car. He dealt with one thug as he attacked him. Trying his best to choke him, but Subhan wasn't backing off. He gave his all defending himself. He noticed from the corner of his eyes one of them was approaching his car. He heard Mehr sobbing before he got into action. Headbutting the one who was at his throat, he ran to his car. Grabbing the man by the back of his collar, he threw punches at him.

The man on the ground groaned in pain as Subhan heard a crack. But his hand stopped mid air when something heavy collided with his back. He hunched over coughing out blood as he felt the warm liquid trickling down his back. He fell to the ground as the unbearable pain overpowers him. Squinting his eyes, he tried to keep them open.

"Let go of the girl. Our work is done here."

That was the only sentence he heard after he lost his consciousness to darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The mild beeping sound and hushed whispers wafted past his ears. He was awake. He knew there was someone else in the room with him, but he he just couldn't bring himself to open his eyes. The motion felt too difficult. Like all his muscles were numb and he was applying unbearable force. Finally after many tries, he was able to open his orbs. Squinting his eyes, he settled his vision.

"Oh you're awake."

He heard someone say and looked at the doctor looming over him.

"What happened?"

His croaked voice made him wheeze like he was thirsty for days. He coughed a little, but he felt his limbs scrunching.

"You were attacked. There's a big open wond on your right shoulder. It's not something to be worried about. However, a little rest, at least for three to days will let the wound heal properly."

The doctor went on about his injury while he barely made the words out. His eyes were drooping close, but he heard the doctor say

"Nurse Sahar here will take care of all your tests. I wish you a speedy recovery."

The doctor left the room while the nurse stayed checking his IV.

"Can I call someone?"

He asked. The nurse turned to him. Her brown eyes were a stark contrast to her milky white skin. She shook her head and said

"You need to rest."

Subhan shook his head. He needed to call his secretary. Yes, after loads of whining from Altamash's side, he finally agreed to keep a secretary.

"It's important." The nurse sighed. She went outside the room and came back a minute later, his phone in one hand.

"The little girl outside has it." She said when he looked at his phone with genuine curiosity.

"When will I be discharged?"

He asked while dialing his secretary's number.

"Your condition doesn't seem worse. Maybe in a day or two."

Nodding at him, the nurse left the room after making sure his IV was working properly.

"Hello, Sir are you okay?"

The tense voice of his secretary came through before he heard a grunt.

"What the hell happened to you?"

He winced as Altamash's voice blasted through the phone's speakers.

"I've been calling you for over two hours. Where the hell were you?"

Subhan sat up straight after a little bit of struggle.

"I was attacked." His one sentence was enough to boil his best friend's anger.

"What the hell!"

"Stop yelling Altamash."
Subhan said when his voice crushed his eardrums.

"It's seems intentional. But I'm coming back tomorrow. Just don't tell anyone about this incident."

He heard a grunt of approval before the line disconnected. Subhan sighed and closed his eyes. The medications started to work as his eyes again became droopy. He grunted and laid down on the bed. The incident ran in his mind like a broken record. No wonder, this was intentional. But who would want to hurt him? He has made no enemy yet whatsoever. So who's this? Is this the same person who made his pictures go viral with Safa? If so, what's the motive?

All the questions were running in his mind all at once. A dull throb developed at the back in his brain before he surrendered to sleep. All the questions were save up to later. His health came first and foremost.

Period.
•••••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update. This might be the most dramatic book I'll ever written. Well there may be more I'm future.
So enjoy this dramatic update.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.