(6) Don't You Dare Try To Stop Me

"Okay, so now that everyone finally knows each other, it's time for the good news," said Laurence with a big smile, "because of the actual state of popularity of Arctic Monkeys and the non-popularity of The Golden Jaggers, Domino Records decided that it would be an advantage for both of the bands if in the next Arctic Monkeys future tour, which I hope happens quite soon, The Golden Jaggers would perform with them as a special guest and by opening the show. So, what do you think?" Everyone looked at Laurence without saying nothing at all, it was clear that nobody really knew about this drastic decision, and had a lot of questions in their minds that didn't really wanted to ask. "But if they don't have a new album how are we supposed to plan an upcoming tour?" said Dalton breaking the silence "I know we are knew in this business but without a new album, you don't actually have a tour". Helders continued in a protestant tone "And besides, we just ended the Suck It And See tour about seven months ago. Don't you think this is a hasty decision? Besides, you can't just ask us to do an entire fucking new album out of nowhere, it's not an easy thing you know, and it takes months, even years". 

You could feel the tension that was being built in the air and Alex continued not saying a thing, he was processing Laurence's idea; yes it was fucking crazy, but not impossible he thought. Laurence took a deep breath and said with a much calmer and paternal tone, "Look lads, here's the thing, I know how difficult it is to make a record, I know it believe me. I had been in this business for too long and I know that making an entire new album out of nowhere in less than a year can be pretty much impossible, even more when it comes to a good quality album. But it's the most intelligent decision you could possibly make; you'll see the company discussed it for quite a long time and they concluded that you're worldwide popularity is higher than ever, if we wait for a long time to release another album I can guarantee you that you're popularity would have decreased by then".

Everyone assimilated what Laurence was saying in complete silence. Inside their heads, they all concluded that the man was actually right; he had a valid point, a very reasonable one actually. "So, I know it sounds crazy but all I'm asking is for a little bit of self-commitment, I know boys that you have the creativity and intelligence to create a new upcoming album that will be without a doubt excellent. All you need to do is just to work a little bit harder and who knows maybe-", but Alex interrupted him as he stood up gently without making a sound, the whole room was in a complete silence and everyone looked at him with confused eyes. He was heading towards the door, in which Arabella was laying against it.

He stopped right infront of her and looked at her for exactly two complete seconds; they were quite close to each other, and as he observed those pale blue eyes that were now looking at him with such a burning intensity, he nodded gently and smiled lightly. Yes, he was definitely sure.

"Where the fuck are you going, Al?" said Jamie interrupting Alex's inner thoughts. He didn't responded immediately, he waited for a couple of seconds and only turned half of he's face, so that his profile was only facing them, and with a cheeky smile on his face he said "To write a fucking album, and don't you dare try to stop me".