8 days left

Hiccups pov

Krogan and I discussed that we would meet and discuss everything tomorrow but as I'm laying on my old bed I can't help but draid the conversation.

I like Krogan I really do but we have a difficult past, what if I have a delirious episode infront of him with other people around us?! It could be catastrophic. Why have almost all my friends tried to kill me? Couldn't they send Thug, mala, Throk, Atali or someone like them? It would be better than Krogan, Viggo, Ryker or Johan right now, this is a dangerous game we're playing.

But enough is enough, life isn't life if it doesn't contain risks. I walk downstairs and see my mother and father are seated with Gobber at the table "Mornin lad, ya early" Gobber says. They all look at me but it doesn't bother me.

"Yeah, I think my normal routine is finally coming back" I confidently say and Gobber nods his head "Da-Stoick?" I say not really sure what our relationship means or where we stand this moment.

My father looks up and smiles small "Dad and mom are fine Hiccup" He says but I just nod my head.

"I have a favor to ask" I instead comment seeing my father surprised for a moment. My mother raises her eyebrows and Gobber just looks at my father.

"Ask away"

"Well, would it be okay if I invited a few chiefs of other tribes for a meeting? I have peace agreements and all with them it's just that I want to maintain the peace and it's been awhile since I've talked to them personally and all-" I ramble inwardly cringing at myself. Come on Hiccup you are better than this! You aren't fifteen any longer, don't let Berk get between your ears!

I straighten and look intently at my father "You are welcome to the meeting of course, I want to invite Njord, Bertha and Aren for the time being" I can't possibly invite Snorre. He wouldn't even come to Berk even if it was necesarry.

"I would be honored to be invited to your meeting son, I'm curious about this meeting. You know they have war with eachother?" He asks concerned. My mother almost wants to disagree to the meeting, I can tell.

"That's exactly why a meeting is crucial. Something happened, Camicazi was called back by her mother. Better to sort it out together. I will contact them today, the meeting will be in 3 days. Enough time to fly but not enough to cause to much trouble" I state and almost want to walk past them before turning my atention to my mom.

"I would appriciate it if you stayed out of this. I'm not a kid and you don't know me well enough to know what I can or can't handle" I harshly say keeping eye contact with her, my father wisely stays out of this, confused. Gobber just looks wide eyed. My mother glares.

"You'll get yourself killed one of these days! And I won't stand by to let that happen" She states standing up and slamming her hands on the table to make her point, cute. Really cute mom, who are you trying to intimidate?

"YOU don't know me, so YOU don't have a damn say in my decisions. I'm not a kid any longer! YOU left in that period of time! Now YOU pay the price. Stay out of it! Or this time I really will kill you" I promise taking a threatening step forward "That's a promise" My mother shrinks back to sit in her chair looking shocked at me. I don't care. She can't mess this up.

"Hiccup, that's your mother" My father says in disbelieve looking shocked and remorseful at me.

"She wasn't my mother anymore the day she decided to leave her kid, the day she decided that one life was more important than another life" I state staring back at my mother "You did tell them right?!" I ask but on the look of her face I know she didn't. I huff and just walk out. Heading to the second visithouse where Krogan should be.