Chapter 31

Lucian POV:

My wolf was dancing inside me when Bella held my arm and told me to sit with her. I caught a glimpse of her and saw that her face was red and flushed.

"Bella are you all right, why is your face all red, are you hurt", I asked. I believe she didn't hear me because she didn't respond to me.

"Bella", I give her a little shake.

"Yeah...what happened?" she asked, nervous.

I touched her forehead and asked, 'Are you hurt or something? Your face looks all red. Are you having a fever?'"

"Oh no, it's nothing, I'm okay", She said

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, She inhaled deeply.

"As now my father is dead, what is going to happen to my kingdom, who is going to rule over it", she asked.

"As for now, I have not decided Bella, you human hate us I know, you would never want a wolf to rule over you",

" if he is worthy then I don't have a problem", she replied.

I stared at her in disbelief; could she really be comfortable with any of us ruling her people?

Is there even a choice for her?" my wolf asked.

She could hand it over to one of her own kind,

"But the throne goes to her, she is the rightful heir to rule over the kingdom's Fiore, but you will not let her rule right", he responded.

"Yeah I am not going to let her go in that line, she will be with me, what if something happens to her", I replied.

"I know, but what had happened to her, she is acting strange, I thought she would resist your decision", he replied.

"Yeah, I have to observe this",

"Lucian listens, it's okay if one of your kind rules over the kingdom's Fiore, but I want a promise that he will treat them well, my people or any other, humans are not your enemies," she said. I looked into her eyes and saw the sincerity there.

My mother would always say, "Humans are not your enemies.".

I felt her hands in my hands. I turned to face her, and she was smiling genuinely at me, which made my heart melt.

"Please understand." She said, Without saying anything more, I stared out the window while considering what she had said.

"My lord, we have arrived," my men told me. I turned to look at Bella, who was sleeping.

Seeing her, I smile. I give her a little shake.

"Bella, we've arrived," I said. She opened her eyes fully after blinking.

She rubbed her eyes and uttered the words "we reached" in a tired tone.

"Yes, come out now," I said, getting out of the carriage and helping her by her side.

"Oh my god, Bella you are here, I miss you so much," the girl said. The guards were about to stop the girl who was running towards us, but I gave them the signal to back off.

Bella ran to her and gave her a hug, causing the girl to start crying.

"Jessica, I miss you too," Bella said as they parted ways. Jessica, the girl, then looked down and held Bella's hand.

"I am sorry for King Luths," the girl uttered, I met her gaze, Bella looked up at the castle and closed her eyes. Tears began to well up in her eyes.

She hasn't cried yet during the trip, but I know that by coming here, she will miss everything that happened at home and her father's memories.