Chapter 8

John POV:

As we knelt before him, the coarse rope digging into our skin, our captor's presence loomed over us like a dark shadow. His piercing gaze bore into mine, demanding answers.

"Listen here, John," he began, his voice laced with an ominous edge, "I've heard Lucian has taken the princess of kingdom Fiore."

My throat tightened at the mention of Lucian's name, a name synonymous with chaos and destruction. "Yes," I responded, the word barely escaping my lips.

"Could you please explain the reason behind this?" he pressed, his tone insistent.

"You bastard, why did you bring us here in this manner if you wanted to talk?" I seethed.

But before I could muster a response, his guard, a brutish figure standing beside him, acted with cruel efficiency. The sharp edge of his blade sliced through my thumb, a searing pain shooting through me, stealing my breath and leaving me momentarily paralyzed. A guttural scream tore from my lips, a testament to the agony coursing through my body.

"Now tell me," our captor demanded, his voice cutting through the air like a whip, why does he even care about Lucian and what he does?

"I'm not sure," I managed to grit out through clenched teeth, my words strained by pain and frustration.

Well, John, let me tell you this," he continued, his tone shifting subtly, "I'm not your enemy. I want him dead. I can give you what you want."

"What?" I questioned, my brow furrowing in confusion and disbelief.

"I'll make you like him," he declared, his statement sending a shockwave of realization coursing through me. Could he truly possess such power? The prospect both terrified and tantalized me. If I could eliminate Lucian, nothing would stand in the way of my ambitions, not even this enigmatic figure before me.

"I will do anything you want," I declared with a steely resolve, my desperation overriding any semblance of hesitation or doubt. "Just give me that power."

But amidst the chaos of our exchange, my father's voice pierced through the darkness. "John, don't listen to them," he implored.

Ignoring his plea, our captor's command cut through the air like a knife, cold and unforgiving. "First, kill your father," he ordered, his voice devoid of emotion as he brandished the blade before me.

A surge of conflicting emotions threatened to consume me, but in that moment, a primal instinct took hold, drowning out all else. With a swift motion, I seized the opportunity fate had laid before me, the metallic tang of blood filling the air as the blade sliced through flesh and sinew.

My father fell to the ground, his lifeblood staining the earth beneath him. And as I stood over him, his lifeless gaze staring up at me, I felt nothing. No remorse, no regret, only a chilling sense of purpose coursing through my veins.

Alright, let's head inside," our captor declared, his voice echoing in the hollow chambers of my mind as he led the way into the darkness beyond.

Lorenzo POV:

I will use John as a good pawn in my plan. I sincerely feel bad for his father and would have let him live if he had not said such nonsense. Nevertheless, I would like to know the reason why Lucian abducted the princess first.

I told my one guard that I needed to come up with a new plan because I needed to find out more information about the princess.

Carrying his father's heart, John and I enter together from behind. It disgusts me that these people exist, someone who is capable of killing his father can also turn on me. I have to be cautious.