In the Ever After

Start from the beginning

Little: "The Jinxy Peddler? That's the only talking raccoon I know."

Weiss angrily grumbles to herself.

Blake: "Do you know where he might be?"

Little: "Of course!" They scurry up to Ruby's head. "I'll lead the way right to where he is."

Sometime later, Little is once again snoring on top of Ruby's head as Team RWBY and AVR continue trekking through the jungle.

Blake: "So, the town is just ahead, right?"

Ruby pokes Little to wake them up. Little ignores it and keeps sleeping.

Azure: "They sure are sleepy, huh."

Blake: "I've been thinking. If we're going to this town, we need to be careful."

Vert: "Yeah. Alyx didn't know their customs and ended up starting a war among the townsfolk. Trouble followed her everywhere she went."

Yang: "Well, yeah. But she was kind of a mean person, right? She lied and cheated her way through most of the book."

Weiss: "She was just trying to survive. The morals of those old stories are so simplistic."

Rosa: "Either way, it sounds like we need to tread lightly."

Little almost falls as they quickly scurry back on top of Ruby's head. Little stretches.

Little: "The town is just up ahead. The Jinxy Peddler always stops by our village before he goes to town."

Yang: "Do they steal stuff from you guys too?"

Little: "Steal? Never. They just take the things we're not looking at. Fair is fair."

Rosa: (dumbfounded) "How is that "fair"?!" Vert then places a hand on her shoulder.

Vert: "Let it go, Rosa."

Little goes back to sleep.

Weiss: (sarcastically) "Sounds like a legitimate business person. How did they manage to steal your arm anyway?"

Yang: "I was knocked out from the fall. When I came to, that sneaky raccoon already grabbed my arm and ran off before I could stop them."

Blake: (giggles) "So would you say they caught you "unarmed"?"

Azure and Rosa give a light chuckle at the pun. Yang gives Blake a little playful nudge fight. Blake's and Yang's hands brush against each other, merely inches away. Weiss softly smiles at them.

Weiss: "About time."

Ruby: "For what?"

Weiss: "Nothing."

It was then silent for a bit, until...

Azure: "Don't worry, Weiss. We'll find a way out of here, and we'll go back home."

Weiss stops walking. Ruby and Azure also stop walking and look at her while Blake, Yang, Vert and Rosa continue walking ahead of the other three.

Ruby: "Weiss?"

Weiss: "It's... It's all gone... There's nothing left for me to go back to... Just like Beacon..."

Ruby moves Little off her head into her hands.

Ruby: "You did the best you could for Atlas, Weiss."

Azure: "Yeah. We did everything we could. Don't beat yourself up over it, Weiss."

Weiss: "But it wasn't enough! We hatched a crazy plan that put a whole kingdom at risk, and we don't even know if we saved the Relics from..." She sighs. "Maybe... Jaune and Winter were able to get them out, despite... everything... despite us..." She then looks at the other two.