I Choose You

I was sitting in the dark room thinking about what should I do.

Hours passed.

I didn't know what I am trying to escape, him or my feelings for him.

I do want him but I don't want to get hurt again and most important I don't want this child to feel what I felt as a child living with people who didn't wanted me in their home.

Aanya hates me, she thinks I am the reason her father isn't accepting his mother again. And Purbi, she would do anything to make things wrong for me.

But I can't be burden on these girls forever. They came to this city to get a stable life not to look after me, and I know how can I make it easier for them. It's time to stop being emotional and think practically like the others do. Like Daya did for his family.

After convincing myself to face him again I went out. As I opened the door I saw him standing outside the room waiting for me. I gathered my thoughts and spoke-

" I am not coming with you."

Before he could say anything I continued.

"But you'll help me to make things easier for my future and my child."

He confusingly stared at me. I looked at girls who wanted to know what I am thinking, and sara giving me a thumbs up for standing up for myself.

"You need to help me with my father's business and claim everything he left for me. I never cared about it because I thought I'll never need it as long as I have you."

"But I don't have you anymore Daya and I can't be a burden to my friends."

"I'll help you with everything you want Shreya, come back home."

"You're wrong Daya it was never my home, it's yours and I don't want you to throw me and my child out everytime your ex wife or Aanya wants it."

"I would never-"

"You did it Daya you did it before, can you trust Purbi again after whatever she did to you?"

He looked down as he knows the answer.

"Then why do you expect me to trust you?"

He looked at me and nodded in agreement.

"Take your time Shreya, I can wait for you. I will do anything to get you back in my life."

"I want you to help me get my life together, that's all."

He nodded

Daya's Pov

I have never seen her so determined and cold, not even on her worst days. Maybe it's coz before this she was never hurt by someone she trusted blindly.

I know I did her wrong and even if I have to burn down bridges to earn her back I will.

"My lawyer will help you in everything Shreya, I'll schedule your appointment for tomorrow."

She only nodded.

"Now you can leave"

I looked at her, her eyes were red, filled with anger.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked her

"I said leave Daya."

I nodded and turned and looked at Janvi.

"Don't worry Daya I'll take care of her."

I gave her a faint smile and left for home.

Whene I reached home I saw Purbi and Aanya waiting for me at dinner table. I don't want to eat anything so I ignored then and went to my room. After a few minutes I heard knock on the door and saw Aanya standing there.

"Where were you dad?" She asked

"I had some urgent work Aanya." I replied sitting on the bed.

"Is that important work Shreya?"

I looked at her, and I know who wants to know the answer of this question.

"Tell your mom yes that important work is Shreya. And kid I am telling you again don't get influenced by her."

"Isn't it better I get influenced by a mother who loves me and trying to win my heart, rather than getting inspired by Shreya who break other people's home; coz she's jealous of me for having a happy family."

She said it looking deep into my eyes which she have never done before. I was furious but I controlled because I know these aren't my daughter's words. But I need to do something about Purbi.

I sighed before speaking trying to control my anger.

"Shreya was never jealous of you kid, she always wanted your best and she still does. It's okay if you can't talk good about her atleast don't day anything wrong which you might regret later."

"If there's anyone who will regret is "her" dad. And I'll make sure it happens." She replied to me and left.

Aanya~

I stopped dad from meeting her, I told him I'll leave if he continues whatever is going on between them; but he still went back to her.

I hate Shreya I trusted her and she betrayed me. She knew I wanted my family to be together I wanted my mom. Still she convinced my father to not give her a chance.

I reached downstairs and saw mom waiting there, wanting to know where dad was.

"Did you asked him where he was?"

Mom asked me and I couldn't answer her, I promised her I'll make dad forgive her but I couldn't. I broke down and hugged her. She hugged me back, like dad used to do before Shreya stole him from me.

"He was with Shreya mom, she won't leave him. She stole my father."

Mom seperated at cupped my face.

"Don't worry kid, nobody can steal your father from us. I do something about that home wrecking whore."

"Don't call her that." I couldn't hear it about Shreya

She hold my hand and sat me down on the couch, before speaking

"Yes she is a home wrecker Aanya, she was always jealous of how well your father treated you. So she stole him.  When I came back she knew you'll have everything that she never did. Your parents with you, so she seduced your father.

She was never your friend all she wanted was the life you have and when she could get it so, she snatched it from you."

"Trust me honey otherwise she wouldn't have done this. When I saw them in the kitchen she was telling your father she wanted to be treated like he treats you. And asking him not to forgive me."

How can she do this? She wanted my father to treat her like me?  She clearly was never my friend. I hate her.

"What do we do mom? Dad isn't listening to me anymore?"

"Did you told him not to visit her anymore?"

"I know my dad mom he won't listen to me this time. She got him hooked around her little finger."

"It's okay honey you've done the most you could, now we'll do it my way"

----

An update after soooo long. Hope you liked it.