"They say one bad apple spoils the whole barrel. I found two and got rid of them. Maximo and Miciela let their ego take over and acted foolishly. My issues were with them and not with you." I told him truthfully. Tomasso thought about it for a while before looking down at the table in submission, having me smirk.

"Good choice." I got up from my seat and looked at his son, Monrao, who was going to take over now that Maximo was dead.

"Learn from your siblings' mistakes, and we will have a long partnership. I will meet with you next week, and we can discuss business. Goodnight, gentlemen." Without another word, I left. I turned my head slightly to the side as I walked, seeing my father was catching up to me.

"Your mother raised you well." He gave my shoulder a few pats, and I gave him a nod. I knew this was him apologizing for what he said earlier. He was never the type to apologize directly with words and always found alternative ways to do.

As I stepped outside, I found Josh standing next to my car, waiting for me.

"What's the status?" I asked him, and he let out a sigh.

"Her medical journal was hacked and left accessible for anyone to see. I couldn't trace it back to who did it since they have had time to cover their tracks." My eyes narrowed at the information.

"Probably the bastard who did it." He added.

"Most likely his doing. He must have caught up on we wanted to keep the whole pregnancy on the low." I rubbed my jaw. It was that damned necklace. I should have gotten rid of it as soon as possible.

"I need you to check her phone. think he hacked into her phone and used it as a listening device. Must be the only explanation." I handed him Elsa's phone.

"Got it. Well, you can also ask Sofia herself why and how they got that information. We found her, by the way. She's all cozied up in our lovely Chamber of Torture." He grinned.

"Good."

"Maybe we should have Elsa come and stab her with a fork?" I cracked a smile at his joke as he laughed. The word about Elsa wanting to stab my father with a fork spread like a wildfire among my men. They found it hilarious as she was a tiny person with a gentle soul, not seeing how she could possibly cause anyone serious damage. But after seeing how Miciela looked, they were all surprised.

That's my wife.

"And here's the necklace, by the way. They did a good job in making a replica." Josh handed me the small jewelry box, and I took a look. I nodded in approval, seeing this was the closest to the original pendant.

"Good. Have the phone sent back to me in the morning." I ordered him.

"Sure thing." Josh sang as I got inside my car.

I parked in front of the stone building in the middle of nowhere and went through the underground passage. It was the easiest way to make anything soundproof, especially when it was deep under the ground to block out any screaming voices. I loved having my Chambers of Torture in the midst of nowhere and completely isolated. Often those who were dragged in there would try to scream for help, and it always gave me a euphoric feeling when they would continue to desperately scream for help.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Sofia was tied up in the middle of the room with her tear-streaked face.

"Nicholas...."

"Shut it." I told her, my tone coming out cold as I stared her down. I hated the sound of her voice saying my name. I grabbed a chair and sat in front of her, resting my arms on my legs and my eyes narrowed at her.