He's right

"I don't know what to say"

He pauses for a minute to think "Why don't you start from the beginning?"

"Well I took her to that unnamed place I go-" His dramatic gasp interrupts me "You did not even show me how that place looks' ' I roll my eyes at him but its true. I only told him so no one thinks I'm missing or dead.

"Yeah so we go there quite often and because she enjoys that place I took her there. It just happened suddenly. I never thought about it but the moment changed so quick that we ended up making out"

"So how do you feel about it?"

"I'm confused. It's so evident that I'm distracted because she has been clouding my mind ever since. I can not stop thinking about her but that could be because we spend too much time. Or maybe even because I certainly did not ever think of kissing her. I mean from hating her to kissing her is quite random don't you think? It's because of that only"

Once I finish rambling I notice Dhruv staring at me with an ear to ear grin stretched on his face.

"Aadhya actually did rub off on you huh? She transferred some of her rambling skills into you while kissing." He teases

I clench my jaw in annoyance "Don't start speaking. I listened to you, so now listen to me. These are the symptoms of love Rey"

"You've officially lost your goddamn mind" I grunt

"Listen! Did I ask you to speak? I mean it was quite obvious and inevitable for something to happen between the two of you. From the beginning to now, when you both are together you guys forget the others, the only difference is before you guys couldn't stand each other, now you both like each other to say the least"

"Dhruv I know that you are crazily in love with your girlfriend but can you please stop romanticizing me?" I reply with a grim face and thinned lips. Every muscle in my body tightens when I hear about love

"Would it actually be so bad to fall in love?"

"There isn't anything bad or good. It's just something I find very stupid. I don't need love to survive. I'm doing just fine without it now and I will continue to be so in future as well. I'm happy that you're in love and all but I don't need nor do I want it"

He sighs at my response but doesn't give up "Okay then explain why do you spend so much time talking to her? Why did it bother you so much when she was having a panic attack? Why is that she is the only person whom you've taken to your secret space? Why did you give her a personalized diamond necklace? You don't give every female friend that. Hell you don't do any of that with any of your friends"

I stay quiet because I myself have no clue about why I did this?

It's because you like her you idiot my subconscious says

I've been avoiding all of that for a long time now, but I don't think I can anymore. Do I really like her? But just now I said love is impractical.

"I don't know" I let out a helpless sigh

He smiles and shakes his head "Okay will you close your eyes and try imagining a situation I say"

At this point I will do anything to get my messed up mind cleared.

When I nod positively while closing my eyes, he continues saying "Okay just imagine that you are stuck alone in a room which has 7 doors. You've been trying to find ways to escape from that place but there is no way out there. All 7 doors are jam locked, it can only be opened if someone from outside opens it but there is one door which has been locked from inside but you need to find a key for it" I picture each word of his. God knows what he's trying to do but I'm just blindly trusting him "You try doing everything possible, trying to find that key, hit the doors, shout for help but nothing works out. While trying to search for a solution you come across a phone but there is only 2 percent charge which means it's gonna die very soon. Who is the first person you will call?"

"Aadhya" I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind before I even realized. But when I do my eyes immediately snap open only to find him smirking with a knowing look.

I let out a string of curses while closing my eyes again.

"Rey" Dhruv softly utters, making me look at him "It's okay to feel. Anyway it is about damn time you realized. You are in love and everyone knows except you"

I glare at him which only frustrates him more

"God you're still not gonna agree? Dude you've smiled at her and spoken to her more in the few months than in your entire existence. I can literally smell your jealousy when she talks and spends time with others. You eat 'momos' just because it's her favorite dish. You agree to almost anything and everything she says. So even now if you say you don't love her then fine by me. Because there are boys lining up to date her and it will take me max max half an hour to find one guy and set her up with him-"

I growl, seething with rage "Dhruv you dare to do that, then I will make sure you no longer have a girlfriend"

"Why so jealous?" He's pushing me to the edge now. Cheeky bastard

"Because I love her, dammit. Are you happy now?"

Even though I'm annoyed I can't help but smile. Is this how it feels?

Just thinking about her makes me feel differently happy. But for the first time I want to be that kind of happy. I love listening to her talk about her day. I love being by her side even if we are doing nothing. I love when she pouts when she dislikes something. I love it when I'm the one she first talks to when she's having a bad day. I love her smile. I love her vanilla perfume. I love her frowns, I love her childlike innocence. Fuck I'm so madly in love with her.

"Aww Rey is blushing, he is in love!" I hear Sid squealing loudly?

I notice Sid's presence once I come out my La la land

"When did you come here?" I ask

"When you were busy dreaming about your love I mean Aadhya" He says teasing me while dropping himself on the bed

"Who called you here?"

"I did" Dhruv says mischievously

"And hello? I can come here whenever I want to. This is my home too" Sid says as if it's a matter of fact

I roll my eyes at him

"Soo" He raises his eyebrows a few times suggestively

"So?" I question back

"When are you telling her that you love her?"

I have no clue how everyone knows way before me realizing "How are you so sure that I love her?"

"Because your eyes shine every time you look at her like she's the only precious thing in the world"

His words make the tip of my ears flush crimson.

"Am I really witnessing my fucking anti-love brother blushing right now?" He teases me further by pinching my cheeks. I swat his hand away, hiding my face which only makes my cheeks redden more and a grin breaks out on my face.

Dhruv and Sid laugh while teasing me more. 

Lord save me from my other friends 

How did I go from thinking love is stupid to straight away falling in love, in one hour? 

.

Author's Note, 

hey y'all.. I'm so sorry to keep you guys waiting, but I had so much work. I was so stressed with work and due dates. Anyway I hope this update was worth it. I mean he fucking finally realised!!! Now how long will our girl take to realise?? 

Comment your thoughts and views on the chapter and don't forget to vote. Also please do show some love on instagram page - 'alwaysbusyimagining' by checking out the reels and if you like it do follow me.. 

Oh and Happy world mental health day!! Always stay happy and positive. Don't ever hesitate to talk to someone if you're going through something. It helps a lot trust me! 

Love y'all. 

Stay happy and safe <333