Part 17

From: Kruno Matas 

To: Roko Jurcevic 

Destination: Remetinec prison, Zagreb, Croatia 

May 18th 

Oh my God, Roko! 

You proposed to me! 

I can't believe this is happening! 

Of course I want to marry you, of course I want to be your husband! 

I already contacted a wedding officiant and I got myself a lawyer. Since gay marriage in Croatia has been legal since 2014, we have the same rights as heterosexual couples to get married while one partner is imprisoned. And I just got a message from my new lawyer, saying that the earliest date we could pick up is in 16 days! 

What do you say? 

Maybe it's better to settle all the details in person. 

I will come visit you on Saturday, so we can settle all the details in live. But I am too impatient to wait until we see each other, I must tell you this right away! 

The prison is going to grant us the wedding night! We will have one night to ourselves in a private cell. Of course, we will be guarded by someone, but we will still have our privacy! 

By the way, did you consider who to choose as the best man? I already made a choice. Blanka, my best friend who lives in Germany is going to be my best "man", hahaha! She is coming here in a few days to support me. I mean, us. I also invited my family, despite having a terrible relationship with them. But they said no. I expected it, so I am not really shook. 

Okay, so see you on Saturday to arrange the details and prepare everything for our big day! 

I love you. 

Kruno