One moment I was on his lap, and the next he had me bent over on his desk with my arms behind my back. I blinked a few times, trying to understand how in the world he had moved this fast. Then I heard a tsking sound behind me.

“Many have tried to kill me and have failed… What makes you think you would be any different?” Nicholas was pressed up against my back, whispering in my ear. There was something so exhilarating. about this position, which had me grinning.

“Thought I would give it a shot, you know. See if I could take down the big, bad Don Nicholas Donavan.” I tried to wiggle out, but he had me in a pretty strong hold and pressed me down on the desk.

“I have to admire your courage.” He chuckled, feeling his chest. vibrating against my back.

“Under normal circumstances, you would have been shot before you would have time to even blink… However, it would have been a waste since you look quite fuckable right now like this.” I felt his hand going down my spine, having me shiver in response to his touch as it went down, and stopped right between my legs. I let out a breath as he started to rub me outside my jeans, my heart beating faster as a pool of heat went down, and my body tingled the more he touched me.

Then he spanked me. Fucking hard.

I made a sound of surprise, not expecting it.

“If only you hadn’t reached for my gun, I would have. Such a pity.” His voice was taunting as he rubbed me where he spanked me. I could imagine what kind of dark look was on his face right now as he watched me under his mercy.

“You suck.” I huffed out, annoyed.

“No. You suck, I eat.” Nichoals  pulled up my jeans as he let out a laugh. I rolled my eyes as I turned around to face him when he let go, noticing just how the color of his eyes had turned a shade slightly darker.

“And here I thought you would do anything for me.” I gave a slight pout, watching him sit back down in his desk chair.

“I will, but go for my gun and there will be consequences. Don’t try to pull that shit on me again, and there won’t be problems. Understood?” His voice was serious but still had a playful smirk on his lip.

“Yes, Sir!” I straightened up and did a salute, having him shake his head at me in amusement.

“Now that you’re here, I have something for you.” He got up and took my hand in his as he led us across the office. I looked at him confused as to why we were standing in front of the wall like this but quickly clamped my mouth shut when I saw him put his hand on the wall, and a square shape opened up.

“Whoa…” I breathed out.

“So that’s how rich you are.” I nodded in fascination. There was a transparent sensor on the wall, only allowing nicholas’s hand shape and fingerprints to open up this secret safe inside the wall.

He opened the safe, and it was deep and half of it was filled with stacks of cash. He pulled out a large envelope when something in there caught my eye.

“Wait.” I reached into the safe and grabbed them.

“I couldn’t get myself to get rid of them.” nicholas said as I looked at the red baby shoes and the ultrasound picture. My heart squeezed a bit painfully at the sight of it all, but still smiled, grateful that he saved them.

“Thank you for keeping them.” I looked at him, giving him a soft smile. He kissed the top of my head as I looked at the picture, and the shoes in my hands before putting them safely inside again.

I just hoped one day we would be lucky again.

“Is that the Tiffany Yellow Diamond?!” I let out a small gasp of happiness as I recognized the jewelry box.