After taking a shower, I got ready and drove to the port where our products were shipped to.
The warehouse was the main location where everything was weighed, counted, and repacked before it got distributed and sold. We had the most sought-after product in the game, giving our competitors no chance to even come close to what we have. We had the highest purity of cocaine and it was, of course, much stronger than the shitty cocaine everyone else sold because they had no knowledge about the purity of their own products. If the cocaine was very dilute or if the user has developed a tolerance then they would experience little or no rush. The purer the cocaine was, the better the experience. It only took one line of my product to get that surge of calm euphoria and a sense of power, energy, and happiness they all sought after. A second line wasn't even needed to get the kick you wanted.

The night had fallen when I stepped into the warehouse. I took a quick glance around, seeing how smoothly everything was going.

I made my way to the back where Antonio and Josh were standing, and I glared at Josh, still wanting to beat the crap out of him for the phone calls.
"Whatever you have to say, it better be good for your own sake." I gave him a cold stare.
"It is. Turns out you were right about someone would eventually brag about what had happened." Josh said.
"I made sure there were eyes and ears everywhere as you wanted. Emilia was the first one to report back and it looks like the Koreans were involved." Antonio added and I furrowed my brows at him.
"She couldn't get much more information since they spoke in Korean. But Emilia found out they are going to The LuxePalace in two weeks for a celebration."
"The LuxePalace..." I scoffed.
The Luxe Palace was a high-end casino hotel exclusively for the elites, which meant that a bunch of low-lives like those wouldn't be able to get in. Unless someone with a higher power was involved. Whoever had ordered the kill, was getting them in as their fucking reward.
"They're probably attending the Untamed Event. Should be even crazier and wild this year." josh grinned, looking excited about it. "Looks like we have a party to blow up. You know what to prepare." I told them.
"You don't find it weird the Koreans are involved? They usually keep to themselves..." josh wondered out loud.
"That's what we are going to find out at the Untamed Event. Make sure we have people there and girls working specifically in the private section." I ordered and turned around to leave.
"Where are you going?" josh called after me but I continued my way out.
"None of your business." I said curtly and got to my car.
"I'll drive." Antonio said behind me before I could open the door. I turned slightly to face him, raising a brow at him.
"Get a ride with someone else. I'm going somewhere." I opened the door, only for him to block me, preventing me from going inside.
"I know where you are going, let me drive." He gave me a blank look as I stared him down.
"When was the last time you got some sleep?" Antonio raised a brow at me when I didn't answer. I couldn't remember the last time I had a decent sleep.
"That's what I thought because you look like shit. You will end up falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing on your way. Can't let that happen, I made a promise." I stared at him for a long time before giving a nod, knowing he wouldn't leave me alone.
"Fine." I said and got in the passenger seat and we drove off. "Any new updates on her?" I asked. "No. Still the same condition." I nodded and leaned back in my seat.

The drive was long and silent. I could feel the lack of sleep was getting to me and I almost wanted to close my eyes to rest a bit. But I couldn't fully rest without having her by my side.

"She's going to hate you for keeping this from her." Antonio broke the silence.
"I know." I said to him and looked out of the window.
"I don't expect her to forgive me for it but it's for the best." I had thought of every single possible outcome from this.
But for their safety, it had to be done. Even if it meant Elsa would hate me. He didn't say anything else and continued to drive in silence.

Soon, the beach house entered my view and Antonio stopped the car further down the street to keep the car out of view. I got out of the car and made my way toward the house and looked around.
No lights were turned on and there were no movements, meaning she was most likely asleep now.
I came to a stop in front of the door, disconnecting the alarm system before unlocking it.
I closed the door quietly behind me and waited for a minute to listen for any movements, but it was as quiet as it could be. I stepped further inside the house, moving silently before a sound made me stop.

The sound came closer and I looked down when I felt something rub against my leg. Is that... a kitten? It made a high-pitched sound and kept circling me, rubbing its head against my leg before standing on its pawns and climbing on me.
I watched it as it continued up before I took a hold of it. I shook my head a little, amused that she had gotten herself a kitten. It started to make purring sounds.
when I rubbed its head with my finger. It didn't seem it wanted to leave me, so with the kitten still on my arm, I made my way to the master bedroom on the ground floor to see if she would be there before checking the upstairs floor.

The door was open and I saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed. The kitten jumped down from my arm, ran to the bed, and made itself comfortable next to her. I walked closer to her, feeling my heart beating faster at the sight of her. A bottle of pills on the nightstand caught my attention. Frowning, I picked it up and saw it was sleeping pills. She still had trouble sleeping? I sat on the bed next to her and I saw how she was looking better and healthier now the bruises on her skin were gone. I' had longed for her... I couldn't help myself and placed my hand on her cheek, lightly caressing her. I had almost forgotten how soft her skin was and I felt relieved that she was taking care of herself. I was only supposed to see her for a second, just to ease my mind a little, but now that I was here and watching her, I couldn't get myself to leave. Not yet. That missed her too much.

I lay next to her and carefully pulled her closer to me as I wrapped my arms around her. It felt like an eternity had passed since the last time I had been able to hold her like this, and it filled the void inside of me. I placed a kiss on her forehead and continued to caress her head, watching every single feature of her perfect face. Her beauty was beyond compare and no woman could ever come close to her beauty, especially her striking honey brown eyes.

Her eyes suddenly flew open and she looked at me. I lay still, watching her unfocused brown eyes as her brows furrowed a little before she closed them again.
She snuggled closer to me, making me smile before I closed my eyes, listening to her soft and deep breathing.
A small high-pitched sound woke me up, seeing the kitten moving around on the bed, trying to wake her up. I looked over at the window, seeing it was light outside. Fuck, I fell asleep.
Elsa stirred a little in my arms, letting me know she was starting to wake up. I moved as quietly and carefully as I could and slid out of the bed, and I quickly walked out of the bedroom before she could see me. "Hi." Her voice made me freeze in my step and I felt my chest warming at the sound of her voice.
"Are you hungry? All right, let's get you some food." She chuckled when the kitten continued to make those high- pitched sounds.
I walked into another room to hide when I heard her move and mentally beat myself up for falling asleep. I would have to climb out of the window now.
"You must have been really hungry." Elsa let out a small laugh. I rested the back of my head against the wall, closing my eyes as listened to her voice. It was making me feel all sorts of things right now and I moved a little to look at her.
She was sitting on the floor, watching the kitten eat while she stroked its fur.
The sight of her was making my throat dry and I desperately wanted to go out to her, but instead, I stayed put and watched her from afar.
She let out a sigh and looked out of the window and watched the beach waves.
"It almost felt like he was here..." She said quietly.
"I miss him so  much... but I'm not sure I'm ready to face him yet." My chest tightened at her words but I couldn't blame her.
I was probably a constant reminder that I had dragged her into this fucked up world.

I watched her as she opened the door to the back porch and stepped outside with the kitten. I took this opportunity to get to the front door while she had her back to me and I quietly made my way out.
I saw Antonio leaning against the car as I made my way down the street.
"Feeling better?" He asked, making me stop before I could get inside. I looked back at the house, feeling more at ease now that I got to hold and see her. I gave him a short nod before we got in the car and drove away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------