C31 Heaven Questions Foundation Building

Start from the beginning

Yue Wuhuan watched him for a long time and tentatively asked, "Will you be with me every year?"

Song Qingshi didn't hesitate. "I'll be with you year after year!"

Yue Wuhuan has long established that Song Qingshi doesn't like to lie. He means to keep every word he says so this promise meant that he could stay in Medicine King Valley forever. He could stay by his side and become his most important person step by step. Ecstasy spread in his heart, covering the dark shadows. The corners of his lips couldn't help but curl up. He hadn't been so happy in years.

He seemed to have returned to the happy times when he was a child, and he couldn't stop laughing.

Song Qingshi's heart moved, and he remembered what Qing Luan had said:

【Brother Wuhuan was most beautiful when he smiled. It was like rays of brilliance from the sky fell on him. He was so dazzling, no one could look away.】

Turns out to be true. He smiles so beautifully...

Even if you add up all the stars in the sky together, it couldn't take away the slightest of his brilliance.

He couldn't look away...

The phenethylamine in his body was increasing and he was losing the ability to think calmly, resulting in a rapid heartbeat and a bit of heat on his face. What was this? These were not feelings that a doctor should have towards a patient. Song Qingshi took a deep calming breath, trying to steady his breathing and adjust his emotions. Suddenly... he felt the Nascent Soul he had cultivated in his body suddenly move. His spiritual power began to grow chaotic and his dantian was a little uncomfortable.

It seemed like this body had some sort of hidden disease?

Song Qingshi resisted the discomfort. He controlled his emotions and forcibly suppressed his Nascent Soul's abnormal movements, temporarily calming his breathing. He found that after the Hehuan Seal was lifted, Yue Wuhuan was more mentally relaxed and the spiritual power in his meridians was flowing like crazy. There were signs that he was going to break through to Foundation Building. He quickly gave him a pill to help him meditate and adjust his breathing.

Building a foundation wasn't difficult for Yue Wuhuan.

Song Qingshi stood by, checking his body while waiting for his results.

It took him more than an hour to thoroughly check himself inside and out. After eliminating the influence of various poison, he still couldn't find the reason for Nascent Soul's abnormal movements. He was deeply troubled.

At this time, Yue Wuhuan opened his eyes. He had reached Foundation Building. The heavens and humans reacted and his heart moved. He slowly looked towards the sky and guardedly drew out his long sword.

Song Qingshi realized belatedly that something was strange. He looked up and found that the sky had changed its appearance without him noticing. The rolling black clouds had obscured the stars and a vortex of thunder and lightning was formed in the clouds. He couldn't believe his eyes. "This is...?"

To cultivate to immortality was to go against the Heavens.

The Lightning Tribulation was a test of life and death sent by the Heavens for cultivators. It was also an opportunity to stabilize your cultivation base and temper your physical body.

Song Qingshi had undergone this test when he formed him Golden Core and he gave birth to his Nascent Soul. He was no stranger to this, but...needing to pass the Lightning Tribulations during Foundation Building was unheard of in the immortal realm! Foundation Building was just the first step into the immortal gate and this was a stage that was reached by almost all cultivators. What need was there for a Lightning Tribulation test? The Heavens must have gotten it wrong, right?!