C18 Bankruptcy Crisis

Song Qingshi placed his palms together before one and with a pious face, said to Yue Wuhuan, "My great treasure is here!"

Yue Wuhuan was confused for a moment. He found that Song Qingshi was looking at the six small white mice running around in the cage that he was carrying. He hurriedly placed the cage carefully on the table in the laboratory and presented it to him. "Master, this was sent over by the master of Yeyu Pavilion. Are these perhaps some rare magical beasts?"

"These are the mice I asked him to find in the mortal world. He had a hard time just finding these few." Song Qingshi lay on the table and looked at the cute little guys with joy, as though he couldn't get enough of looking at them. "Wuhuan, did you know that white mice and humans are 98% genetically similar. They are the most used animals for medicinal experiments."

Yue Wuhuan's beautiful eyes widened in disbelief. He looked suspiciously at the dirty little mice in the cage.

This thing is 98% similar to him?

"Right now, we only have these few specimens taken from the wild. We will need to breed them to attain large quantities. Then, we can cultivate various types of mice. Clean mice, mice without specific pathogens, sterile mice... maybe we can even raise high- and low-cancer mice, diabetic mice, all sorts of mice." Song Qingshi's face was positively glowing as he talked about his beloved white mice. It didn't matter to him whether others understood him or not as he kept on muttering to himself, "It may take decades of breeding. Fortunately, a Nascent Soul cultivator has a long lifespan. I can take my time breeding them. Has the breeding room been set up already? From today on, I will be living in the laboratory. These mice are very delicate, and I don't know if they can adapt to the immortal realm. I want to make sure that they won't get into trouble and that they'll successfully give birth to babies. This is my reason for living..."

There used to be a senior sister who went abroad to perform experiments. After four years of breeding, her mice were about to show results when they suddenly encountered a mishap. She was terrified. She would call them everyday to pour out her woes. Everyone persuaded her to give up the experiment and come back. The senior sister instantly collapsed and bawling, said this was her reason for living and that she wouldn't leave even if she died. Since then, in their laboratory, the white mice had attained the nickname 'reason for living'.

Yue Wuhuan finally understood. After thinking about the past rumors about the Medicine King, he tentatively asked, "Master, no matter how similar mice are, they're not humans. It's very troublesome to raise them. Why don't you use mortals to test the medicines? Isn't this is a common practice among immortal medicine makers?"

"Of course, we will need to use humans," Right now, Song Qingshi's mind was filled with thoughts of the mice and he replied casually, "We must first use mice and other animals to determine the safety of the drug. Then, we do human experiments. My teacher liked to test the drug on himself to determine their safety. Once he's made sure they're safe, he recruited volunteers to test the drug. I've also tested medicines on myself several times. It's very convenient to determine its efficacy."

He especially worshiped his teacher. A man of noble character and high prestige, he worked selflessly for the public interest, was free of corruption and worked only for the welfare of all mankind.

Hippocrates once said that medicine is the most beautiful and noblest of all skills.

As long as medical research can produce a new drug, countless patients can be rescued from their suffering. It can even change the course of human history.

Isn't that an absolutely wonderful thing?

Song Qingshi looked at the mice as though seeing a bright future.