Chapter 3

Yuvanika's Pov•

I read through the files and all I can say is this is not gonna end soon.

As it was already 2 I decided to have my lunch as I have meeting in an hour with the Rajawats. Shriti comes in with a bright smile making me surprised.

"Hi Di" See smiles broadly which automatically brings a surprised smile on my face too!

" Are Shriti tu yha kaise? Aaj college nhi gai kya?" I asked

She came and hugged me, " Kya yaar di aapki favourite aai h aur kya ye sab baat le k baith gye. Waise aapke sawalo k jawab k liye. Haa Mai college gai thi abhi last ki class cancel ho gai isliye aapke pass aa gai"

"Acha thik h tu ne bhi lunch nhi kia na ", I asked to which just shook her head.

"Ok tab chal canteen mere saath" , I dragged her with me to which she happily accompanied me .

We chit chatted for around 45 minutes after which she went to visit her friend and I returned to my cabin.

I met Shriti during a career guidance event in her school when she was in her 10th. She showed her interest in studying law in which I guided her as much as I could. Presently, she is studying in NLU Jodhpur. She will be doing internship with our firm from next week. In these years she has become like a sister to me. We never met each others family but from her talks I know she lives in a joint family who love her to the core.

I was smiling thinking about this cutie pie when the intercom rang.

"Good Afternoon Miss Rajput, the Rajawats have arrived for the meeting." The receptionist said on call.

"Ok take them to the meeting room. We're coming" I said and went to Ravi Sir to inform him about the same.

 We're coming" I said and went to Ravi Sir to inform him about the same

Meeting Room

We enter the meeting room to see the Rajawat brothers already seated.

We greet each other and everyone gets seated.

I took a deep breath and started speaking," I have gone through the files and although the evidences are enough but we need the motivation for this theft because as per the data, Mr. Amarjeet didn't have any specific reason for this theft. And as per my analysis this isn't just about a theft but I believe there is a something greater and deeper."

Ravi Sir smiled at me to which I also gave a small smile.

I looked at the Rajawat brothers and asked, " Could you tell me something more about Mr Amarjeet something which is not in the files. Because as per my understanding he was not qualified enough to manage the post of a assistant finance manager. Don't misunderstand me here I'm not just talking about his educational qualification but also his skills."

Mr.Rahil nodded and said, " He is our father's friend's brother who died in an accident. Our father and the friend of his together started this company but he had no heir when he died. So our father gave his brother a permanent job in this post. He has been working with us for past five years and I don't think he had some other motive. Maybe he just needed money."

I nodded," But as you said he is your father's friend's brother so I believe you have a good relationship with him. If there was any problem he could have asked you for money which I believe you would have helped him. We must get to know the motive behind the theft so that it could be dealt without draging the matter to the court. Because once this case gets into the court the company will face some consequences which I believe will create problems as the company's 50th anniversary is one month away. And the theft amount is around 4 crore."

"Yes, I agree to you Miss Rajput. And we have to sign some important deals with foreign clients. This case may tarnish our reputation in the market."said Mr Rahil

Mr. Shivansh also agreed and said, " Miss Rajput it would be great if you could come to the company within a few days to analyse the reports and some other files which you might require to get a better insight. You may also do whatever is required."

I agreed and decided to visit their office tomorrow around 11am. With this we concluded the meeting.

I returned to my cabin. As it was already 5:30 I started to pack my belongings. Bidding bye to Ravi Sir I drove to Starbucks. I ordered my favourite Double chocolate frappuccino with a shot of expresso. Sipping my favourite I went back home.

I saw mumma and hugged her.

"Kya hua baccha thak gai?" Mumma asked caressing my hair.

" I'm fine mumma just work load",I smiled and kissed her cheeks sloppily. She hit my shoulder and shouted," Sugli chori" and made a face. I laughed out loud and ran to my room.
---------------------------------------------------------

*Sugli means Dirty
*Chori here means girl

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey Gulab Jamuns!
Hope you liked it!

Revelations on the way!

Do vote and comment 🌼
See you soon!