Chapter 4 - The Theory Of Colours

Start bij het begin

Freen pulled on the handbrake and turned off the ignition. She twist her body a bit to look at the backseat, searching for an umbrella. Once she found it, she steps out of her car and closed the door. A few droplets of rain begin to fall. Without wasting anymore time, she ran to Becky and stopped to walk again when Becky is just a few feet apart from her. While closing the gap between them, Freen opened her umbrella and held it on her right hand, and covered both of them together.

"Wh-what are you doing??"

"What does it looks like I'm doing? The rain already started to pour. And you're acting like a child gonna get yourself soak and eventually get sick."

"I- I'm not a child!"

"Oh yeah? You're acting like one right now."

"I don't need you to help me Freen. I can take care of myself."

"Rejecting my offer because of your ego and getting yourself sick in the rain is how you take care of yourself?"

They began to banter under the shared umbrella while still walking as the rain started to fall a bit more aggressively

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

They began to banter under the shared umbrella while still walking as the rain started to fall a bit more aggressively. A car passed by them almost splashing Becky who's nearer to the road and Freen noticed it. She changed the umbrella on her left hand and immediately changed her position with Becky, protecting Becky from the road.

"I don't get it Bec, why are you still mad at me??"

"I'm not mad. I'm upset. There's a difference."

"Okay.. Then why are you still upset with me??"

"I.. Don't know."

Becky answered, lowering her head.

Freen turned to look at Becky hearing the answer, confused as Becky seems to be telling the truth. They continued to walk the path in silence, until Becky rubs the both side of her arms and hugs her body as she's wearing a thin and sleeveless shirt.

Freen then again changed the umbrella to her right hand, while her left hand extends to Becky's left arm, pulling Becky close to her and rubs Becky's arm up and down multiple times to radiate some warmth. Becky was a bit startled to the sudden gesture but didn't said anything about it.

"Your clothes are too thin Becky. Of course you'll get cold in the rain."

"I didn't know it's going to rain, it was so sudden. It was really hot before. And what's with you wearing a hoodie in a hot weather?"

"I like wearing a hoodie. I get cold easily. Uhmm where are we going actually??"

"Err.."

"Bec.. You actually didn't have anywhere to go right?? You just keep walking when I asked you to get in the car because you're trying to avoid me. And you didn't expect me to accompany you. Isn't that right Miss Armstrong?"

"Fineeee you caught me. Let's just walk to the bus stop. It's already near. We can stay there until the rain stop."

"You are SO stubborn you know that??"