Chapter 7: Long and Trusting Journey (2)

A week has passed and Zoro's getting more anxious by the minute. He wants to see a new island soon; the feeling of being cooped up like this isn't too pleasant. Yeah, he has a lot of room to move, but he just wants to stretch his legs on an island that isn't constantly bobbing up and down. He's not sure how much longer he can stand hearing those two at night any longer. Their hushed voices and 'quiet' sneaking around, the green haired swordsman thinks that he isn't the only one who's noticed their nighttime 'events' either. Nami says something to him about the things she's noticed with both of them and they talked about it. They bring in Robin too since she's very observant. However, the others seem to be oblivious. Anyway, even though Zoro closes the windows on the kitchen side, he can still hear slight sounds when they're on the deck. When they're in the galley, he can't hear them-thankfully!

"ISLAND!" Luffy shouts excitedly, but no one shares in on his excitement beside Zoro, internally. He'll admit it in his head, his captain may have startled him a little with the sudden shouting. He always seems to catch Zoro daydreaming a lot. Caught him lacking-smh. The green haired swordsman was a little deep in thought, a.k.a zoning out when the ravenette called out to everyone.

The Sunny comes up to an island that's all dark and gloomy; a low fog covers the surrounding area leaving it feeling colder then how it was out in the sun. The vibes this area gives him are creepy and uneasy-like something feels off somehow. He just doesn't know what yet. Maybe it's just paranoia?

As the ship gets closer to this smaller island, old ships quickly come into view on either side of them. The green haired swordsman steps back from the railing a little bit. The ships are scattered on either side of them seem to be old and rotting like they've been here for years. A sudden creepy whistling can be heard throughout the eerie area. No-it wasn't the wind....it sounds as if someone or something is out there....singing? That's even more unsettling then the ship. "Just who the hell could be out here of all places?" he mutters to himself.

Zoro needs to keep his defense up. This might be enemy territory.

"Ooooo~" Luffy looks around leaning over the side railing with a hand on his forehead as he looks out at all the broken ships. He spots a ship and grabs the cook and the navigator by the arms. "Lets go check it out!" The two on either side of him don't move right away. The swordsman thinks the cook looks a bit scared, but he isn't going to mention anything just yet. "Tease him about that later." the demon from the sword says mischievously. That Zoro can agree with.
"Go with him. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid," Zoro says acting like a vice captain should in times like these. The navigator and cook both sigh, but reluctantly go with their captain.

The singing, maybe laughing sound can still be heard as the three make their way on an old broken down boat. Luffy takes a few steps with his net before he sees what's making the noise. "A skeleton?" Sanji speaks up a little surprised. Why should he be? This is a ship graveyard with plenty of skeletons every-
"Yohohoho!" it laughs and gets up to move closer to them. It stops in front of the ravenette towering over all three of them.
"Cool!" Luffy states with large, sparkling eyes. The other two take a step back away from the skeleton. "Who might you be?" the skeleton asks taking it's skull cap off and bowing to them. "Y-you can talk?!" Sanji shrieks and jumps back in disbelief to hide behind Nami. Nami just rolls her eyes at the buffoon. Even she's not that scared of it. The skeleton nods it's head, more like skull as it puts its skullcap back on. "Miss," it speaks, "can I see your panties?-"

"Hell no!" Nami kicks the skeleton into the air. She leaves back to the Sunny, grumbling all the while doing so.
"Nami-swan! Wait for me!" Sanji shouts after her, running to catch up with her before she leaves him behind. The cook is scared, but won't admit it out loud, not to anyone...ever. Everyone else can see it though. Luffy turns back to the skeleton and smiles. "Wanna join my crew?" he asks with a giggle and a childish grin. The skeleton tilts his head to the side and thinks. "No, well, not now. There's something of importance I must do first. I'm Brook by the way," the skeleton introduces himself as a pirate who once sailed the seas about fifty or so years ago on a crew called the Rumbar Pirates. Luffy finds the skeleton funny. The two go back to the Thousand Sunny.