2

DEDICATED TO jewelslikestowrite for being the 1st Vote!

I walk into the room and see a Dauntless woman staring at me. Her hair is shaved, and she is covered in tattoos. Is this how Dauntless really like to dress up? This makes me reconsider joining their faction, no matter how much I want to kick that other kid's butt.

"Hey, I'm Lor," she says. "Drink this: It will send you to the simulation."

Lor hands me a cup of blue water instead of clear but I don't hesitate before drinking it. Perhaps I really am a Dauntless person, member, whatever, I mean, I was not afraid.

The ground beneath me turns to grass and a windy, dark sky. There before me is a man, who tells me to pick something out of the bag. There is a cheese, knife, pen, and a single grain of wheat. I grab the knife. Then there's a dog - I know this is trouble, but I observe why. A little girl appears and runs to the dog excitedly. I give the girl the knife and I run off.

"Do you know this person?" A middle-aged man asks me, holding a picture of my DAD up. I don't reply. Instead, I punch the man in the face and the effects of the serum wear off.

"Oh my gosh," Lor said in a monotone voice. "You're - you're Divergent. Go home and do not tell anyone ever, and I mean it, Kassandra. Divergence has never happened before. I suggest you choose Dauntless, but GET OUT OF CANDOR because what if someone asks your results?"