chapter five

" This is uncomfortable." I whispered to Alex who was trying to convince me to drop the towel. " your swimsuit cannot be that bad." He said " come on Audrey. We have to get there before they run out of food and drinks" said an irritated Elijah as he ran a hand through his hair. " there are drinks" I asked and they both nodded in sink.

" nevermind I'd love to go. I really need some soda right now" I said tying the towel around my waste. " we didn't say what type of drinks honey bunny" alex said with a smirk. " shit" I said " is that the only bad word you know?" Elijah asked. " no I know others" I said looking away knowing damn well I dont.

Alex tried pulling the towel but I held on tight. I refuse to let go. " Audrey stop being childish. More than half the girls there are this close to being naked!" Elijah yelled as he held up his fingers to indicate how close. " well I'm not one of them plus I don't have to go" I said and I could see the vein on Elijah's forehead tick as his face turned red in anger .I was still skeptical about it though so I shook my head.

I looked at them hoping they would just leave it but no. They shared a look for a moment before Elijah threw me over his shoulder. I struggled to get off. " put me down!" I screamed but he didn't listen. I saw Alex take my things and my- towel that was on the floor.

My eyes widened as I realized that my skin was touching Elijah's shoulder. Heat washed over my body at the feeling of his warm skin on mine" your swimsuit is actually really nice " Elijah commented with amusement as he walked out of my room.

" Elijah you're c-crushing my spleen." I stuttered " you don't even know where your spleen is" Alex said and I glared at him. " I know where my damn organs are" I said through gritted teeth and he narrowed his eyes on me. " you were so nice this morning what happened? " Elijah asked " well I met you two" I replied.

***

When we got to the pool I could hear the chatter and splashing but once we got closer it became quiet. " I see you found a toy Elijah " a boy said and I tried jumping of his shoulder but the only thing that moved was my but. " and she has a fine ass" another voice said. "Elijah if you don't put me down right-mmm" the rest came out muffled as Alex put his hand over my mouth. " shush "he said putting a finger on his lip and removing his hand. "I hate you" I hissed at him and he looked at me sadly " why I'm lovely. Honey bunny" he replied with a smile.

" you sound like you need to cool down a bit Audrey" Elijah said and began to move." Elijah don't!" Do you think he listened? Of course not.

He threw me into the pool. The cold water hit my skin with such force it burned. I tried to swim back up but my leg pulled stiff. Shit. I struggled trying to move my leg but it wasn't working. I panicked as my air ran low. As I sank to the bottom unable to move, my eyes began to blur. I heard the water splash as I saw a something swim towards me but I could barely make out what or who it was. By the time it got to me I blacked out.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING ELIJAH " Alex yelled and he sounded mad " how the hell was I supposed to know she couldnt swim" Elijah yelled back. " I think shes waking up" a female voice said.

I took a sharp inhale as I sat up causing me to cough. when my breathing slowed down a bit, I heard muttering ."give her some space " a new voice said and I felt a hand on my back rubbing up and down "deep breaths , in , out" he soothingly said and I followed his instructions " are you good" he asked . I nodded and opened my eyes. I looked at the owner of the voice and my eyes were met with emerald green orbs, his skin was smooth and tan with cupid bow lips and a sharp nose, his eye brows knitted together in worry as he looked at me.

"yeah I'm good thank you" I said and looked around to see everyone huddled around me. Nosey much. " you know I noticed you have a staring problem" Elijah said and anger washed over me as I turned to him. " oh I'm so going to kill you-" I yelled but was cut off "not before I do!" we all turned to Mrs. Hudson who stood with her hands on her hips. she strides over while her heels clicked on the ground with every step. " I miss we can explain-" the guy that saved me said. " oh why don't i explain to your father that you , on the first day of the school year, are breaking the 13th and 25th rule. I am very disappointed in you. I do not accept such behavior from a top student. Go to your dorm now." she said causing his face to go sour as he marched past her. " ms harper my office the Brooks brothers as well !" she yelled causing everyone to scram.

Her office was cold and silent. The only sound that that could be heard was the sound of the fans blades spinning and the dropletsof water falling from my hair. She sat in her seat and looked at us furiously. The 2 beside me sat silently with guilt clear on their faces.

Alex cleared his thought and spoke." The tension is killing me could we get this over and done with" he asked and I saw the way elijah looked at him, he looked at him as if he could slap Alex so hard that he would be quiet the rest of his life. Mrs Hudson let out and irritated sigh and looked at him. " that is your problem. You dont know when to keep your mouth shut" she said in a surprisingly calm tone.

" this is your first warning Alexander. If you dont become serious about school your grades will drop lower than they are and I'll have no reason but to expel you and believe me I do not want to do that" she said worriedly. All amusement left his face and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. " you may leave" she said. He stood up and looked at me before leaving.

" why did you throw her in the pool?" She asked elijah. He looked at me then back down." I-" he paused as he pondered. He sat there for a while trying to think but never spoke." Just apologize and join your brother" Mrs Hudson asked with a sigh. He did as she said and left.

Once the door shut I was left with her in the room. "Isa- I mean Audrey  " she said and my head snapped up. Okay this had become a little suspicious. I made sure not to write my first name on the application

" look, for your own safety I want you to stay away from those boys or just dont let them have their way with you. It will affect your results and I dont want you ending up like..." she didn't continue instead she looked away. She took a breath in and out before looking at me with a smile. " just-just dont mix with the popular group. The quiet ones or the ones that keep away from the partying and all that ,always succeed " she informed me with a genuine smile.