Idk how to call this chapter so just chapter 14

{A/N: guys. We. Reached. 900+. Reads. WHAT THE HECK HOW DID THIS HAPPEN GUYS OMG

I want to thank you guys even though a third of the reads is just me rereading. Okay maybe that's exaggerated and yet.

Btw after I finish this story I'm gonna make a story with all kinds of extra stuff. Extra scenes, character / ship them songs, Q&As, fun facts and maybe more!

Now I just have to finish this damn thing...}

America POV

I was so glad that Russia finally got a new family, he deserves it. Weird thing is that it doesn't seem to make him happier. As if, even sadder than before.

I guess he just isn't used to this concept of a new family and honestly I can't blame him. Losing a family... that's awful. Having a new family to replace them is probably hard, not that I know how it feels.

Speaking of family, maybe I could take him to meet my family. We've been dating for a while now, and he haven't met them yet.

After the class ended I tried to find him and ask if he'll like to come over. After a minute or two I found him in the garden. I noticed I've been finding him here for a while now, something in this place seemed to calm him.

"Hey Rus!" I called and he flinched and turned to me, his expression softening. "Oh, sorry I sneaked up like that! I won't do it again." I apologized and he exhaled quietly. "It's okay."

I sat next to him and noticed he was fiddling with a small flower in his fingers. I used to find this habit weird, but it felt normal at this point. It was some kind of meditation thing for him, and I could see it helped him.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd want to come over to my house, you haven't met my family yet." I asked and he softly nodded. "Sure, I would like that." He murmured. 

I loved Russia and all and yet, he still seemed like a mystery to me. Even if I know that he's not who he looks like and his trauma and all, I still felt like he's hiding something. He always acted so polite around people who didn't hate him, it felt like nobody really knew him.

I decided not to overthink it and try to strike a conversation. "So uh, how's with Japan and her mother? Are they treating you and Ukraine well?" I asked a bit worriedly.

"It's okay. They are treating us well and are being very nice to us." He hummed.

Something seemed off. It wasn't okay, was it?

"Russia, why do I feel like you're lying to me?" I asked softly, trying not to offend him.

"Wh- what? Oh, I'm sorry... I just- I don't know-" he stuttered and I hushed him.

"Hey, hey, it okay. I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying you can tell me if anything's wrong." I comforted him with a soft tone. "I- I know... it's just..." he paused.

"It's just hard to get used to a new family. I just-" he sighed. "I miss them." He muttered so quietly I could barely hear him. I hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear.

"It's okay, I'm always here for you."

I let go of him after a couple seconds and his lips curved into a small smile, one you could only see from up close. "You should smile more, you look cute." I told him and he flustered red. I chuckled at his expression and got up. 

"C'mon, the class's about to start." I told him and he got up as well, leaving the small flower on the ground.