Family reunion

{A/N: thanks for the 200+ reads guys! Special thanks to @GlissBunBun666 for the hilarious comments! You truly make my day better!}

The next day

Nobody POV

Everyone slowly woke up and left at morning.

America turned to Russia as they exited the house. "Hey, Russia?" He asked. "Yes?"

"Ukraine and Canada are going to a mall together and I'll probably join them. I was wondering if you would like to join as well." He said, expecting a negative response. "Sure." Answered Russia.

"Great!" America exclaimed.

Time skip

They walked around the huge mall until America noticed that Russia looked a bit overwhelmed, so he suggested to grab something to eat and go to a park. Russia seemed to like that idea.

They walked over to a nearby McDonald's and America ordered some ice cream.

"Do you want anything?" He asked Russia. "No, thank you." He said politely. "Alright then." Said America and they walked together to a park and sat down on the grass.

"Wait a second." Said Ame.

"I didn't see you eat anything yesterday or this morning. If I think about it, I haven't even seen you eat at lunchtime at school. Do you only eat when you're at your house or what? How aren't you hungry?" He asked and Russia hesitated.

"I- I um..." he stuttered uncomfortably. "You look really skinny too. How much do you eat?" Asked America worriedly.

Russia looked away. "Russia. Look at me. I'm serious." He said, a bit coldly.

"N- not much..." muttered Russia. "How much is that?" America asked, this time with colder tone. Russia sighed.

"I take myself a salad or a small sandwich once a day. Nothing much more than that." America spit some of his ice cream. "Bro- what!? That's not okay!" He exclaimed and Russia sighed again.

"Hey, it's not like I can really eat more than that! I've been living on starvation my entire life!" He protested. "I don't care! It's not healthy! You need to eat at least three meals a day, even if they are small." Remarked America.

"Just- just leave it alone, okay?" Said Russia. America could swear he heard his voice break a little. "...please." He said softly. Ame sighed, understanding it's better leave it. "Okay."

"Thank you."

After a while Ame finished his ice cream and they got up to leave.

"Hey! Why don't we go visit your grandfather!" Suggested America. "Sure. I'll call him."

After a bit of a talk he gave Russia the address and they took a bus to his house. Most of the ride was spent in silence, except a few times America saw something cool from the window.

After a couple minutes they arrived at the big house. It was decorated with flowers from the balconies and a small front yard with all kinds of plants. The door was made of wood colored grayish green.

"Compared to someone who fought hundreds of battles and won wars, this place looks really... colorful." Said Russia in surprise and America nodded in agreement.

{A/N: badass yet colorful grandpa style}

They knocked at the door and an elderly man opened it with a smile. "Welcome! Feel at home!" He said and opened the door for them to enter. The inside of the apartment looked pretty much like the outside, with a huge transparent door that led to the garden.