Friends?

Russia POV

What was that? Why did I help him and why does he want to be my friend? He's probably just going to backstab me and laugh, just like Iran did...

Wait, I didn't even ask his name...

Not that I care anyway.

Luckily for me, before I could overthink it the bell rang.

I went over to my class and sat down at a vacant chair.

And just when I sat, I started trembling. No, no, no! Not now...

I was having one of those flashbacks of my trauma again. This happens once in a while, but I hate it when it's at school...

C'mon Russia, just keep a blank face and stop shaking!

At the end I managed to keep an expressionless face. Sadly I was still shaking, but nobody noticed.

Soon enough the school day was over and I took a bus to my apartment.

It was a small building in the north, close to a forest in the edge of town.

I unlocked the door and stepped in. It was a tiny, gray apartment. I locked the door behind me and walked up the stairs to my room.

I sat down on my bed, and without noticing, I started trembling again.

Flashes and images of younger me, holding a body in my hands. Crying. There was blood everywhere...

I couldn't help it, and didn't need to. I started crying. Gosh I hate crying. I feel so weak and pathetic. Just like I was that day. I could've saved them! I clenched my fists into the bed sheets. Why was I so weak? I promised I'll protect them...

After a few minutes I stopped shaking. I wiped my tears and slowly got up.

Ukraine was right. Maybe I do need friends. But... they might backstab me, again.

Well, my heart can't break when it's already broken, could it? Maybe it's worth a shot.

Time skip to next day

This time I was the one who wanted to talk.

After a few minutes I found him. I should start by asking his name.

"Hey um..." I mumbled from behind him. He flinched and turned around "oh! Hey Russia!" He said "how- how do you know my name?" I asked. I didn't tell him that, did I? "Oh! Ukraine told me! By the way, I'm America!" He answers with a smile. "Oh. Um, I- I changed my mind." I said, hesitating. "What do you mean?" He sounded confused.

"I-" I can't believe I'm saying this- "I want to be your friend."

{A/N: I know this is short, but I kinda wanted to end it like that. Also, I gotta go, but I might write another chapter today!}

Words: 426