Chapter 2

Seulgi's POV

The moment I arrived at the hospital today, I'm planning to go visit some of my confined patients in their hospital rooms and the ICU today for my rounds, because my schedule for today will be different than the usual. For the morning session from 9-11 a.m., I'll be doing my rounds by visiting some of my confined patients in their hospital rooms and in the ICU, and in the afternoon session from 2-4 p.m., I'll be in my clinic.

"Good morning, Dr. Kang!", the nurses said.
"Good morning!", I greeted back.

The moment I went to the reception area, I immediately started signing in on the doctor's logbook for attendance.

"Umm.. Mina? Where's my patient named Hwang Minsoo? Are they still in their hospital room?", I asked the nurse.
"Yes, Doctor!", she said.
"Great! Thanks!", I said.

After signing in on the doctor's logbook, I immediately entered the hospital room of my patient for monitoring and prescription.

"Good morning Mrs. Hwang, good morning Minsoo-yah!", I said.
"Dr. Kang, hi! It's nice seeing you!", she said.
"How are you doing, Minsoo-yah?", I asked.
"I'm doing great, doctor!", he said with a smile.
"Did you drink your medicine already?", I asked him.
"Mhm! Even if it tastes really bad, I'll just stick with it because it's for my health and for my own good!", he said.
"Umm.. Mrs. Hwang, aside from taking his medications once a day, I would also like remind you that he should also eat healthy foods like fruits, especially bananas, and vegetables, and also those that are rich in Vitamins C and D and also in protein!", I said.
"Oh sure! That's noted, Dr. Kang!", she said.
"That's good to hear! And please continue to do Minsoo's monthly visit for check-ups as well!", I said.
"Yes doc!", she said.
"Don't forget to sleep, drink water, and eat healthy foods, Minsoo-yah.", I said.
"Yes doctor!", he said with a smile.
"That's all for today, thanks for your time! And by the way.. just wait for the nurse to give you a signal if you're now allowed to pay for your hospital bills so you and your son could go home already!", I said with a smile.
"We will! Thank you, Dr. Kang!", his mom said.
"You're welcome!", I said as I left their hospital room.

After I left the hospital room, I immediately started to visiting my other patients in their hospital rooms, in the ICU, and even in the Pediatric ward. You got this, Kang Seulgi! I thought to myself with full of determination and passion.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimin's POV

Before I proceeded to go to work, I couldn't help but get curious about Seulgi. Who is she as a doctor? And how does she treat everyone in the hospital? I curiously thought to myself. It's not that I'm in-love with her, I'm just curious about her and her attitude, most especially since her dad killed my father.

"Dr. Park, hi! Good morning!", an Endocrinolgy resident doctor said, whom I immediately realized that it was one of Seulgi's friends, Dr. Park Sooyoung.
"Umm.. Dr. Park, I have a question! It's about Seulgi.", I said.
"Oh! You mean Dr. Kang Seulgi? And wait.. isn't she your sunbae? Why aren't you using honorifics?", she said as she raised an eyebrow.
"Oh, I'm sorry! But yeah.. I just want to ask a question about Seulgi sunbaenim.", I said.
"Why are you asking about my unnie?", she said.
"Nothing.. I just want to know how she acts as a doctor, and how she also acts to everyone in the hospital.", I said.
"Well.. Seulgi unnie is a very kind and laidback Pediatrician when she is with her patients, juniors, seniors and colleagues, but is very strict and focused when it comes to work, most especially when the life and the overall health of her patients are on the line, she'll really do everything she can to heal and save them, and make sure her patients will leave the hospital with a healed and healthy body! And she's also the strongest doctor and person I've ever met, because despite her experience of being bullied and mocked by some of her peers in the hospital because of her dad, she didn't mind them and just focused on work!", she said.
"I see..", I said.