Chapter 11: Epilogue

Palaimon and James lived happily on land. They didn't move far from their beach, building a home there.

Palaimon had sold all of his treasures from the sea and received a large fortune. They both lived happily in their beach home.

The couple rescued quite a few children from villages of poverty and raised them. They brought them up to worship the sea, until they came of age and moved on.

Years went by until they eventually discovered that merfolk lived a lot longer than humans. James lived a long and happy life and died at the age of ninety.

Palaimon's remaining life was lonely, as he felt the calls from his pod to return to the sea.

Once Palaimon reached the age of one hundred, he gave in and returned to his pod. Becoming a widespread inspiration among his people.

Palaimon was responsible for the law that merfolk didn't have to choose between land and sea and could live on both. He was also responsible for humans being allowed enter our pods.

Palaimon died at the age of one hundred and forty seven. Though he was happy to be back among his people, he knew in his heart that his place was on land with James.

Palaimon eventually died from a broken heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys for going on this journey with me, this was a story I made in 12 hours! I've posted it chapter by chapter all week and I'm glad to share it with all of you! Thanks for sticking by and reading all of my chapters.

And one last time, Don't forget to comment and vote! :'D