Chapter 7

NOT MY PIC!!! Sorry I took so long to update, schools a bitch, and I'm moving soon. Ugh. Enjoy and please make requests for my one-shots!

LinaBlah

Will pov
(TW-Language)

Alex starts clattering in the kitchen/ service area (A/N I have no idea what its called, ok I haven't worked in a café) and I roll my eyes. Alex has never been the most quiet person. I glare at her and she flips me off in return(I know. The love.).

I tune back into the group and learn that first Leo, then Frank, then Jason had run out of breath. Now it was Thalia vs Percy. Everybody was cheering them on, except Nico. Nico was just sitting there, with a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. I wondered who he was cheering for on the inside.

Thalia and Percy are both purple and look dizzy. Now everybody is urging them to stop. Percy gestures for them to stop at the same time, and Thalia agrees. 3... 2... 1... And they both breath out and in, sucking deep lungful of air greedily. Reyna and Annabeth are rolling their eyes, laughing how immature they both are, arguing about who could have lasted longer. I roll my eyes too and glance at the clock. It's almost time for me to clock in again. I raise my eyebrows to Nico, asking him what we should do, and tapping my watch like' hurry, I have to go'.

He sighs and maneuvers himself around the three teens who are blocking his way. "I'm going to the bathroom." He says when Reyna asks him where he's going. I see what he means. They are really protective, but I know he can take of himself, and they know it too. Still, I find it cute how much they care about him.

I wait a few minutes and then stand up and tap my watch. " I have to go back to work" Most of them nod, except Jason, who's busy telling Annabeth about a new project he's making, for the school's football team and other school's too.

I make for the little storage place where my half-apron is and put it on. Then I head for the bathroom to talk to Nico.

I open the door, to see one raven haired boy swinging his legs on the counter. I roll my eyes fondly (A/N Can you roll your eyes fondly? I've never tried tbh.) and step in. Nico's eyes flit to me and he hops off. Anddd gets straight to the point.

"Why did you give me the fucking food? I don't believe them that it's free Chocolate Pair day." He glares, "So?"

I sigh. "Fine. It wasn't. But I didn't buy it either! " I added this last part in a hurry, when he opened his mouth to argue. "Lou Ellen got somebody's order wrong! So I gave it to you since they didn't want it." Maybe this was the wrong thing to say.

"So you gave me leftovers again." He glowers at the floor. "Fine. You could've just told me that. Anyway, we have things to plan. I told Annabeth everything. She told me it might be better if I keep staying with you." He faltered here, and looked at the wall.
"Anyway, she'll help us get me to your house. Maybe she'll give me a ride. Everybody is going to her place after this, so it might be easier, or harder. Annabeth told me to ask you if you wanted to come. Maybe you can take me instead of her, so they get less suspicious. You live near my fucking house, after all."

I nod and say " That's fine, I can take you, but look at me first Di Angelo." He looked at me, and I saw his eyes were pained, but otherwise his face remained impassive. I guessed he could hide his feelings pretty well. That's not good. Believe me, I know. I do it. But I digress.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I bought it. You can pay me back if you like, but not now. After you have a job. But I don't care about the fudging money. I get a discount either way."

Nico's eyes softened but then glared again, as if he just remembered he was supposed to be mad." Fine. Thanks."

"Wait, I have to tell you something!" I said when he headed towards the door. " I kind of... sort of umm..."