chapter 22: Finally human!

"*clop* ...*clop*...*clop*...*crack*."

*ding*

[OPERATION EXECUTED]
[SUCCESS RATE: 100%]

"*clop* ...*clop*...*crack*...*crack*...*clop*...*clop* ...*clop*...*clop*...."

'Uuh...but what is this noise?' i regained consciousness, annoyed by the surrounding noise.
'...that hurt..' It was as if someone had walked over me, it hurt my whole body, especially my head.

I opened my eyes but I could not see anything, something prevented me from seeing, I tried to remove it but I could not move neither my"hands" nor my "feet", then I tried to shout but I couldn't make any sound, it was at that moment that I realized that I was lying on a very hard surface, it seemed to be wood and it keep moving in time with the noises....I had a bad feeling.

'System!!...Help me!!...what's going on!!??'

*ding*

[OUT OF SERVICE]

'ARRGHHHH!!... IT'S USELESS!!.... YOU'RE NEVER THERE WHEN I NEED HELP!! '

"*clop* ...*clop*...*clop*...*crack*."

I kept hearing the same noise over and over,then something that slammed heavily on the ground and then suddenly everything stopped, the creaking and the slamming stopped and everything stopped all at once.

*CRACK*

Something opened, maybe a door, then I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to me, I stood still trying to stabilize my breath, pretending to be still unconscious, then something touched my face, taking away what covered my eyes, a whisper of incomprehensible words, then the same noise of footsteps and a banging of something- finally the calm and the silence returned.

I opened my eyes slowly and what I saw left me speechless.

I suspected I was kidnapped by someone, but by suspecting something and that something to become reality... um I mean, who would ever want to kidnap a plant?... ... unless they're botanists or maybe idiots..... But did they really need to bind my limbs and gag me?

...

I examined my surroundings well, I was definitely inside a wooden cart, it was very dark and the only source of light was a thin beam of light pointed in front of me that came from a crack between the wooden beams on the wall... wow! and it was also a very spacious wagon.... and for me... well...

...I was inside it, in an big iron cage....

uff...never something that goes in the right direction...why I have so much bad luck ... o(>< )o

Somehow while I was struggling i managed to loosen what tied my "hands" and remove the annoying gag. I clung to the rusty bars, trying in vain to break them, meanwhile I was shocked to discover that ... I had hands.

....a pair of human hands...

"finally...*sniff*...*sniff*.. I am no longer a plant...*sniff*...I can finally live a life without having to hide from others, without being mistaken for a monster...*sniff*...*sniff*...thanks...system...thanks for this wonderful body!!!" (இ﹏இ'。)

I took a better look at myself, but not having a mirror it was quite difficult to see my appearance, but by touching my face I concluded that I no longer had petals for face and roots for legs...and this was enough for me.

...

"*sniff*...*sniff*.. *Hiccup*"

'uh?..who is it!?',I looked around trying to filter something into the darkness, then I heard the same muffled noise again this time coming from my right side, so I reached out a hand and tried to feel inside the cage, but feeling nothing, so I tried to put my arm out of the bars..

I continued to advance for a few inches until I could feel something...it had a fairly familiar texture....um....I could not immediately understand what it was at the beginning.... wow! it's so soft...then I realized it was hair.... that's why it felt so familiar!...

'AHHHHHH!!' frightened, I immediately pulled my hand back, away as far as possible until I felt the cold touch of the bars behind my back.

After some time not hearing anything coming from my right side, I came closer to it, this time paying more attention, I put my hand through the bars again, but this time I could not pull back my hand in time.... because someone grabbed it.

"Ahh.... let me go!!!. Let go of my hand" i was shaking my arm, while shouting aloud to the culprit to release the grip, but from my lips nothing came out not even a syllable...

I finally became a human being, but you can't have it all, can you?

It seemed to me that it was too good to be beautiful.. (」°ロ°)」

I am not surprised by the result....not at all...(눈_눈)

Thank you so much system..... thank you so much for this fantastic "gift".. *tsk*.. ( -'Д -)

***

The grip I had on my hand loosened a little bit but not all of it, so I tried again to free myself but as if the owner of the grip had read my thoughts; the grip became even stronger causing a slight pain in my wrist.

So I decided to risk everything, so I also took my other free hand outside the bars of my cage, I approached slowly and I took my hand towards my other imprisoned limb, until I reached it, What held me was a pair of hands that, unlike mine, were still tightly bound together.

The culprit perhaps feeling my intentions, let go of me, so having both hands free I tried to untie their hands, and after a considerable amount of time and effort i succeeded.

Next thing I knew, i heard what seemed to be a girl's voice she seemed to be whispering something, but what I could hear were just sounds and gibberish.

*ding*

[THE SYSTEM IS BACK ON-LINE SORRY FOR THE WAIT]

*ding*

[WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]

[YES | NO]

'eehh..is that you system?.... what a coincidence...so you had gone offline?. *phu*...DON'T TELL ME NONSENSE!...YOU WERE CLEARLY AVOIDING ME!!'

*ding*

[YES | NO]

[REMAINING TIME FOR CHOICE: 00:00:05 seconds]

[REMAINING TIME FOR CHOICE: 00:00:04 seconds]

[REMAINING TIME FOR CHOICE: 00:00:03 seconds]

[REMAINING TIME FOR CHOICE: 00:00:02 seconds]

'YES!.YESI!... I ACCEPT!!'

*ding*

[SKILL "ELFIC LANGUAGE" ACQUIRED']

[REMAINING SP: 7]

'um?..elfic language??'

I was thinking about something until a voice caused me to wake up from my thoughts.

"Thank you so much for helping me, I thought I was the only one here... but I was wrong", this time i managed to understand what the girl was trying to tell me.

Not being able to communicate with her I opted for another method, I decided to hit on the wood, a shot for a"yes"; two shots for a "no", no shot meant that I did not know how to respond. At first she didn't understand me, but with a short time we managed to understand each other. We kept company until this wagon stopped, and we wouldn't find out what we were there for.