After pictures  as the captain of my team I walked to over to the referees to determine what who would begin kickoff in this half and what end we would kick towards. I shook hands with Alexia, Barcelona's captains and we swapped pennants and posed for pictures. I managed to sneak in a glance at Alex who was glaring at me ever so slightly at my ordeal with Alexia, making me bite back a smile.

I stormed back into the dressing rooms at half time, furious with some of my team mates. We were 2-0 down in the biggest final we had ever played. "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. THE SECOND GOAL WAS UNACCEPTABLE THEY CUT THROUGH OUR MIDFIELD LIKE BUTTER. EVERYONE FOCUS ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL JOB AND WE'LL TRY GET BACK INTO THIS", I instructed my team mates once everybody had gotten inside.

They all nodded firmly, and I was glad to see they weren't as disheartened as many others might have been in their position. "WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING WIN THIS GUYS, TOGETHER", I told them. I didn't want to lose my final game for this club and the Champions League trophy was the only one I hadn't won for my club. As well as using the club and fans for motivation to win, I also really didn't want to lose because I wanted to make Alex and my team mates proud of me I guess.

I led everyone outside for the second half. We started much better and managed to half our deficit with an early goal, now it was 2-1 to Barcelona. 

"Hold the line", I screamed out at my fellow defenders a few minutes later as Barcelona had an opportunity on goal through means of a set piece. I held my head in my hands as we conceded a third goal. "NO THAT'S FUCKING OFFSIDE", I screamed at the ref and then quickly calmed down, not trying to get carded. It took some convincing but eventually the ref went to the monitor to check the goal's legitimacy and then she waved it off, making me sigh in relief.

The minutes were passing by but we were unable to break through their defence to get an equalising goal. However in the dying minutes of the game as I swung a ball into the box from the corner there were immediate shouts for a handball. I looked up at Alex in relief as the penalty was given and she gave me a nervous thumbs up as my team mates crowded around me as we decided who would take it. I wanted to make my girl proud. "I got it", I told them all, full of hunger and determination.

I picked up the ball and placed it down on the penalty spot, trying to ignore the keeper's taunting tactics. I stepped back and breathed out slowly. The whistle blew. I did my run up and kicked the ball into the upper netting, I ran off to celebrate as my team mates followed and grabbed me to celebrate, as our fans erupted into tears and cheers as I kissed the badge on my shirt in front of them.

Alex's POV:

I waited in anticipation for Y/N to score her penalty, and as I expected she did with an absolute rocket into the upper corner. I erupted into cheers and screams along with my team mates, my heart full of pride. "Your girls got one wand of a right foot", Megan teased me when things calmed down slightly.

As Y/N walked back to her starting spot at the restart, she quickly looked up at me and made a heart with her hands. I blushed and tried to hide my smile from my taunting team mates. Just before the restarted whistle blew I noticed Alexia's eyes on my girlfriend, as she was lifting her shirt up to wipe down her face, exposing her taut abs. I frowned a little but brushed it off.

The game ended 2-2 in regular time a few minutes later, and it would have to go into an extra half an hour of game play to determine the winner. I stood up in worry as Y/N went down in extra time after she collided with Bonmati. She was clearly in pain as she sat up, clutching at her ankle and the medics were quickly waved onto the field. My eyes stayed on her, I noticed her vehemently shaking her head, and I knew immediately she was trying to stay on the field and didn't want to be subbed off.

After her persistence about being okay the medics cleared her to continue playing and she stood up gingerly and took a few steps, eager to walk off her injury. She gave us a quick thumbs up before the play restarted but I could see through her expression. I didn't really want her to continue playing, and I silently prayed for them to sub her off, even if there was only about 5 minutes left before it went to penalties, it was evident she was in some discomfort and I didn't want her to worsen her injury.

I was lost in my thoughts, watching the game but not paying attention, until suddenly the stadium and my surrounding team mates burst into screams and shouts. "Y/N SCOREDDDD", they all jumped around. I quickly looked at Y/N and her team, she was running the length of the field at full speed, waving her shirt in her hand as her team mates chased her in glee. My heart felt full, watching my girl achieve one of her biggest dreams and I didn't even realise there was tears flowing down my cheeks.

I looked up at the screen to watch a replay of her winning goal. Barcelona failed to clear their lines properly and the ball dropped to Y/N on the edge of the box, and she volleyed it into the back of the net emphatically. It was seriously a beautiful goal.

The next few moments passed by in a blur, the final whistle blew and I watched on as Y/N dropped to the ground in both exhaustion and disbelief, and soon enough me and my team mates were invited onto the pitch to watch the trophy presentation. We watched from afar as Y/N's team received their winners medals and then as the captain she picked up the trophy and walked over to her team mates on the podium. Fireworks and sparks went off behind them as they all lifted it in cheers.

After a whole load of pictures with the trophy I noticed Y/N making her way over to me and the rest of our team mates. She was wearing a new champions shirt and was shrouded in a USA flag, with her match worn shirt tucked into the waist band of her shorts.

She opened up her arms invitingly and I was quick to rush forward and hug her tightly. "I'm so proud of you", I mumbled into her ear as I held onto her neck. She grinned back at me and then I stepped back to allow the rest of my team mates to congratulate her.

I boldly stepped forward and untied the USA flag from around her neck, she looked down at me in confusion for a few seconds. Then I put the flag over our heads so our faces were hidden under it, in our own stars and stripes bubble, as I grabbed her face and pressed a kiss to her lips, whilst I could hear our team mates outside the flag cooing, cheering and jumping around. We separated after a few seconds and I stood on my tip toes and held onto her for balance as I leaned my forehead against hers. "I love you Y/N Y/L/N", I breathed out. "I love you more Alex Morgan", she replied before burying her neck in my shoulder as she pulled me in for another hug.

"That's enough love birds", Kelley interrupted us with a snort as she pulled the flag off us and everyone suffocated us in a group hug.

Y/N and I walked around the now empty stadium, hand in hand. She was slightly tipsy and drenched in champagne from her locker room celebrations. "I think I'm going to frame this", she slurred slightly, referring to her match worn shirt that was still somehow firmly tucked in her waistband. 

I turned to her with a smile, "Did I ever mention how proud I am of you?".

"Only about a hundred times", she replied with a grin and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist, stepping back slightly in confusion when I felt something else tucked into her shorts. I tugged at whatever was there and found myself hold a sweaty match worn Alexia Putellas Barcelona shirt.

"She offered it I swear, I didn't ask for it", Y/N told me with a laugh.

"Hmm fine", I harshly tugged her shorts and stuffed the shirt inside as she tried not to smile.

"Is someone feeling a little...jealous Morgan?", she taunted me before setting off in a sprint.

I chased her down, my stomach hurting from laughing when she tripped over her own legs in her tipsy state. "You can't run dumbass", I mumbled to her as I leaned down on my knees and grabbed her face to look at me, as I pressed a quick kiss to her lips.