Chapter 28

Well,that went well, Mingyu thought to himself as he watched Jeonghan's retreating form get smaller and smaller.

"Mingyu,are you...okay?" Wonwoo's voice echoed from behind him.

Mingyu stared at Wonwoo. It had been a while since the two had interacted one on one.

"I don't think I can be ok with everything that's happening. It needs to pass honestly."

Wonwoo hummed in response,seemingly lost in his own thoughts.

"Some things are starting to make sense though,I mean based off these dreams I'm having,at least I'm starting to piece it.

Hypothetically speaking,I think the duo I saw is probably Marcellus and someone else,whoever he's working with. And the blue eyes I saw,they must be his."

Wonwoo shivered a little at Mingyu's words,he hoped he wasn't the second figure. He stared at Mingyu, hoping his face wasn't giving away anything. The guilt was eating him up.

"I guess that's you partly figuring out your gift. Maybe you can see the future."

Mingyu hummed in response, desperately trying to see if anything else made sense to him.

"Are you ok Wonwoo? Is everything fine?"

Wonwoo felt the hair on his arms stand. He was going to be exposed. Mingyu was starting to connect the pieces and this meant he was closer to figuring it out.

"I'm ok Mingyu,I just want this whole thing to be over."

Mingyu rose to his feet, "I need to go talk to Jeonghan,I'll see you later Wonwoo. "

Mingyu found Jeonghan pacing in the pack backyard.

"Hyung,if we're going to work together,maximum transparency. "

Jeonghan nodded.

"You have to tell me about Marcellus because I think a few things from my dream are starting to make sense now. "

Mingyu went on to fill him in on what he had come up with. The conclusions he made,the eyes, the duo possibly being Marcellus and his ally."

"Marcellus is- was my supposed mate. I thought he was my destined. Remember what I told you? Yeah,he was the closest thing I had to home. He protected me and it left me feeling forever indebted to him. And he just knew how to use that to his advantage.

His abuse,well that came in a different form to what I was accustomed to. And I was not ready to face the fact that what he was doing was wrong. I let him do it. I was scared to lose him,I'd have no one.

Eventually I couldn't take it anymore,I ran,I severed our almost fully completed mate bond and that's when I met you. Marcellus isn't happy, he's always been that way,won't rest till he gets what he wants. And that's me."

Mingyu listened to Jeonghan. He needed to protect him. But as he sat next to him,he could feel the dread rolling off his back. This was not going to be an easy fight.

The pair remained seated,and as they stared at the sea,their minds both haunted by the same facts,a dark grey cloud loomed over them.
.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Guys,writers block is a bitch. This is me trying to pull myself out of it and after re reading this book,I'm seriously considering rewriting it because the plot is a bit messy,so expect this to be put on hold anytime soon.

I hope your all alright though.

Like, comment and share 🖤