32.

December 11th

*The Previous Day*

"Okay, Val—" Y/N paused for a moment. "It's not what it looks like!"

"Where is she?" Valeria asked in a panic. She remained in the doorway, nearly refusing to come in. "I blinked and...now, she's gone!" Valeria's shoulders dropped for a mere second. "What's going on?"

"Nothing!" Y/N exclaimed. She clasped her hands together and dropped them in front of her. "I'm just talking to Pawsley."

"Oh, give me a fucking break, Y/N!" Valeria exclaimed. "I believed you at first! I thought Lucas was just spilling his stupid knowledge all over the place. Y'know, like always!" Valeria sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "But, now I've actually seen the chick!"

Y/N's posture stuttered and she broke eye contact. "Val, just calm-"

"Brock!" Valeria called.

Y/N's eyes widened and she threw her hands up in a panic. "No! Valeria, don't!"

"Ella! Lucas!" Valeria continued, paying absolutely no mind to Y/N's protests.

Y/N groaned in frustration. "Ugh," she gripped the sides of her head. "That is such a you move, Val! Damnit."

Y/N took a step back as her three other siblings appeared in the doorway, one after the other. Brock leant up against the doorframe, Ella stood behind Valeria with her arms crossed, and Lucas held a disgustingly smug grin. "What's going on?" Brock asked.

"Y/N has a girl in her room!" Valeria exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger at her younger sister.

"Tattle-tail," Y/N mumbled under her breath with an immature roll of her eyes.

"A girl?" Ella asked in shock.

"What are you on about, Val?" Brock rolled his eyes.

"I told you so," Lucas sneered.

Y/N groaned before shuffling towards the doorway and pulling her nosy, older siblings into the bedroom. She slammed the door closed, muttering to herself as she locked it. "God, have none of you heard of whispering?"

"Y/N, what's going on?" Brock asked.

Y/N seemed to cave in on herself and her shoulders slumped. "Guys, it's nothing!"

Lucas raised an eyebrow. "Give it up," Lucas sighed. "I've heard her and now, Val has seen her." He pushed his glasses up and stepped forward, inspecting the room as if he expected to see someone hiding in plain sight. "So, where is she? Start explaining."

Y/N looked at the floor, scratching the back of her neck and glancing over at the closet. "Fine..." she swallowed thickly. "It's over, Mary. Come out."

There was a long silence, no one made a sound and Y/N began to question if Mary was still present in her bedroom. Then, there was the sound of a door creaking and Mary had finally revealed herself to Y/N's siblings.

"Holy shit," Valeria muttered. She cowered into Ella's side, seemingly intimidated by Mary's immense height. "I was right."

"Okay, so- what?" Brock spoke. He looked at Mary before his eyes pierced into Y/N's. "You've been hiding some fucking woman in your room?"

Y/N's breathing hitched and she nodded. "Yes."

"I can't believe this!" Valeria exclaimed. "You've been lying to us this whole time!"